Lifter Fund! Over Budget! Need Help!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Lifter Fund! Over Budget! Need Help!

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Okay guys....
Before we can go to another level with the lifter/cam testing its gonna take some contributions from some generous enthusiasts. We don't need any big contributions at all, even if I could get a dollar from everyone that we know needs these lifters from various forums that I visit it would probably be enough to finish up the testing and get the developments made. I know thousands of people are building or will be building these engines and they would all benefit from this testing and development. The one thing about the VW ? Porsche world that I have always been impressed with is our brotherhood and ability to help each other whether thats on the side of the road , despite the severity. Consider this as helping your brother off the side of the road before his engine dies!

I have spent 12,000 bucks of my own money (not including what the since July trying to get these issues resolved and thus far have seen some very odd trends as well as some barriers that we just can't get past without even more money needing to be spent on parts.

I originally thought that I would never be working on this for this long! We figured that no more than 3 months would be needed or no more than about 4-5 thousand bucks would be needed to get a solid answer.

We have even more tests planned and there is light at the end of the tunnel and finally we started seeing some positive results.

I never thought this would take this long or be this expensive. I don't have an unlimited budget and the cam/lifter manufacturers won't send us any more freebies (never got many in the first place).

I hate to give up at this point and I really refuse to, but its just hurting the wallet badly and taking away from other developments so much that I can't go further.

My goal is to create a cam and lifter arrangement that can be installed in any engine with the same integrity that was previously available with the Old Johnson lifters. In those days we could bolt any engine together with any spring tension, not even break the cam and lifters in any special way and get a guaranteed 100K+ miles from it. Even though we have worked through to the point where serious failures are not happening right away, we still are seeing too much wear and every time an engine is fired up the first time its like Russian Roulette!

Off the shelf, Web Cam and their lifters are still the best bet. Not perfect at this point but the best available.

I am not going to be happy until we get this resolved. Any help you can give us would be appreciated by the entire Type IV industry.

Our paypal address is [email protected]

I'll keep giving my time, but just can't keep spending money on cams and lifters.
Last edited by MASSIVE TYPE IV on Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
SoloSandman

Post by SoloSandman »

Jake Give me a call.

Can't help much but can give you a few bucks, as I belive in your R/D.

Will give you a CC# when you call

Hope this will get the ball rolling for you.
raygreenwood

Post by raygreenwood »

Though I'm unemployed at the moment...if you can take from my debit card...I can give about $50 or so. p-mail me please and I will call today. Ray
biggene

Post by biggene »

Jake you can give me a call also I am more than willing to invest a few bucks in anything to do with R&D in the Aircooled industry.

256-525-9371
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Okay guys... PM me your phone numbers and I'll sit down and call everyone at once- Probably tomorrow.

Thanks!
stkbus

Post by stkbus »

Jake,

You should have PayPal e-mail. Buzz me if you have questions.

Semper Fi,
Steve
samcat

Post by samcat »

Jake,

It says your email address is not registered with paypal, I cut and pasted the email exactly as above ([email protected])
Have given anyway, its says its emailed you at the above address.

You have given so much to the community, would like to take this opportunity to give something back :)

All the best,
Sam C
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Something is up with the paypal acct. Thanks for letting us know. I have not used paypal in quite sometime and thought the acct was ok..
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Okay-
I'm an idiot!

That acct was deleted a while back!

The right one is [email protected]

If you sent us bucks to the other addy we didn't receive it- Sorry!
samcat

Post by samcat »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:Okay-
I'm an idiot!

That acct was deleted a while back!

The right one is [email protected]

If you sent us bucks to the other addy we didn't receive it- Sorry!

Lol,

:roll:

Cancelled the last transaction, and resent to the new address! Hope you got it right this time :wink:

All the best,
Sam C
ʇɐɔɯɐs
MASSIVE TYPE IV

They are coming in now..

Thanks!
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I assume you accept cash?
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Tom in PA

Post by Tom in PA »

you have paypal 8)

Hope it helps some. Keep up the great work.

Tom
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Thanks guys!

Heck yeah, if you want to send cash send it here
Raby Enterprises Inc
Attn R&D
47 Raby Drive
Cleveland GA 30528
One dedicated soul gave a whopping 200 buck donation!

I will post a tally later tonight
Rowdy

Post by Rowdy »

I'm still scrounging for parts and advice for my T4 rail buggy project as well as employment, but you have advised me in the past and contributed so much to this forum and the T4 cause, that I couldn't turn away. Besides that, we both Georgia boys! I know its not much, but I just PayPaled your lifter fund.

Rowdy
P.S. I'm sticking with stock cooling no mater what you say (maybe :-).