Ghia t-tops

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
John Kelly

Ghia t-tops

Post by John Kelly »

Hi Folks,

I'm doing t-tops for a customer, and have put together a web site with a few pictures. http://qwest.clubphoto.com/john346957/

Cheers,John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Michael Ghia

Ghia t-tops

Post by Michael Ghia »

The conversion looks good. Have you any ideas on if any rigidity in the shell is lost through this?
The 911 Targa was never as strong as the coupe, maybe you've added more strengthening to the floor like the cabrio strengtheners which bolt on to under the sills?
Mike Ghia

------------------
Modification is a form of Art.
John Kelly

Ghia t-tops

Post by John Kelly »

Hi Mike,

Thanks. The roof is in some ways stronger than stock because of the structural rails that are hidden behind the weather seal flanges. Also a t-top roof is much more rigid than a targa top because of the center section. If the a-pillar were hit (t-top out)at the top it would be weaker than a stock coupe at that point, but much stronger than a cabriolet. The overall stiffness of the body is not compromised, and is stiffer than a cabriolet. I will use 1/4" cap screws to attach the tops, which when in, make the overall roof very stiff.

Cheers, John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Hugh

Ghia t-tops

Post by Hugh »

A few years back Volks World did a how to on T-tops and put in I box section to stengthen the roof again for when the roof was cut. I think they did it on a ghia but I'd have to go look to see for sure.