Splicing EDIS Harness for MegaJolt

red5

Splicing EDIS Harness for MegaJolt

Post by red5 »

I got my EDIS module from e-Bay the other day. Some bits of the wiring harness have me a little confused as to how they should be handled:
EDISHarness.png
Before splicing in my own shielded wire, should I trim the EDIS wires just behind the green/red, orange and grey sheathing? This looks to me like stuff left over from its previous installation. Obviously don't want to remove something I shouldn't. First time dealing with solid state ignition components so I'm a little paranoid :? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dale M.

Re: Splicing EDIS Harness for MegaJolt

Post by Dale M. »

Just pull sheathing off and leave wires as long as they are.... If you start cutting and you have to change things suddenly wires are to short, not good..... A few inches of sheathing either way will probably not make much difference....

Dale
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"
red5

Post by red5 »

OK, thanks Dale. I figured that was the case, but better safe than sorry.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

That sheathing is actually shielding for noise suppression. You will probably want to get more of that to connect the whole system to your megajolt as well as to the sensor and such.
red5

Post by red5 »

Yeah, I've already bought new shielded wiring that I'll use to hook up the crank sensor and other connections. I just wanted to masked sure I could remove the original shielding without causing any problems
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

red5 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:17 pm Yeah, I've already bought new shielded wiring that I'll use to hook up the crank sensor and other connections. I just wanted to masked sure I could remove the original shielding without causing any problems
Okay cool. You'll be fine, just copy what they did with the shielding.