Project approaching end

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
User avatar
shambly
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:07 am

Project approaching end

Post by shambly »

The end (the beginning?!?) is in sight. Just the exhaust and oil filter/lines to install and my speedster will have massive TIV power. :D

Image

Plenty of room for CDi box and coil behind engine. (Did need to clearance the inner skin of the engine lid and one of the hinges though to clear the air hose as height was a little tight)

Image
User avatar
dstar
Posts: 3733
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:01 am

Post by dstar »

Dat's just freakin RIGHTEOUS Dude!

<SPURT>

:lol:

Don
User avatar
samcat
Posts: 1088
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:01 am

Post by samcat »

Yum Yum!

Sam C
ʇɐɔɯɐs
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Hell yeah!

Lookin sweet!

And it'll haul ass, especially on that 98 Octane UK Fuel!
User avatar
Ephry73
Posts: 3369
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Ephry73 »

Can I say, CLEAN


Ephry
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Hey Simon, Mind sending me those pics so I can put them on the site??
User avatar
Ephry73
Posts: 3369
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Ephry73 »

Now that l look more clearly at the pics, I see you have the Hyfire unit, plus the Mallory coil. Hae you ran the engine yet? any pros/cons?


Jake?



Ephry
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I dynoed it.....

Its as impressive as ALL the others :-)

The Hyfire and coil really make the engine, those two together can be good for over 6HP as a bolt on to a 150 HP engine.
User avatar
Ephry73
Posts: 3369
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Ephry73 »

Really good news. I know a couple of people here in the forum that use the control boxes with their EFi systems.

I wonder if that would clean up my spark issues :D



Ephry
User avatar
yeahmag
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2001 12:01 am

Post by yeahmag »

Looks like you have the ballast resistor in place. I'm pretty sure you don't need that with the HyFire controlling everything...

-Aaron
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

With that coil they actually recommend it. I have the same set up in my 914 including the resistor.
User avatar
shambly
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:07 am

Post by shambly »

Thanks all,

Jake - I'll email you the full size photos.

Ephry - I ran the Hyfire on my previous 1641cc T1 with dual kads which was jetted a little rich. It made a huge difference to the way it ran. The start retard also made starting much easier.

Aaron - The ballast is primarily there to allow me to 'fall back' to normal ignition via the bypass plug should the CDi box ever fail.

Simon
User avatar
MNAirHead
Posts: 9570
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:12 am

Post by MNAirHead »

Dude ... when are you putting a 009 on it? (yankee humour)

Nice stuff... someday ours will be beauty pagent winners..

T.
User avatar
Ephry73
Posts: 3369
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Ephry73 »

Simon, it looks good man. Great Job. I really like the looks of that engine bay. Gives me a bunch of ideas for the Ghia. All that room back there just being used to hold the sound insulation :D




Ephry
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I liked it so much I used it on the main page of www.massivetype4.com
Locked