Welcome to the STF! Please Introduce Yourself and Your Ride

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
doc
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the STF! Please Introduce Yourself and Your Ride

Post by doc »

Welcome aboard. Nice pics!
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Welcome to the asylum!
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
jpyzowski

Post by jpyzowski »

Hello all,

My name is Joe and recently picked up a VW with plans of converting it to an Ecotec. Thanks in advance for all the knowledge.
Creekfun101

Post by Creekfun101 »

Name is Steve, thank you for letting me join your forum.
I used to be into sandrails 20 years ago with 6 friends,
I bought 2 baja bugs, recently and getting back into it again, had alot of good times on the road and up in northern Michigan riding trails and climbing hills, my favorite. Currently converting to a irs in one now. ttyl
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Creekfun101 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:37 am Name is Steve, thank you for letting me join your forum.
I used to be into sandrails 20 years ago with 6 friends,
I bought 2 baja bugs, recently and getting back into it again, had alot of good times on the road and up in northern Michigan riding trails and climbing hills, my favorite. Currently converting to a irs in one now. ttyl
Welcome Steve, converting from swing to IRS... you don't mess around do you :wink: . A fair amount of work but the results should be worth it. You might also run into other things you might end up wanting to do also... so be prepared!

Lee
ponsaloti

Post by ponsaloti »

Hi all and thanks for letting me join this forum.
I dont own a vw at the moment but I'm looking at may-be building a replica 356 using a worn out 74 type 1.
Stumbled across this site while researching beetle parts and engines.
I've not had much experience with beetles but in past life's I've been an MOT inspector. I spent a few years re-building old jags here in the UK and in the States and a lot of years building, re-tooling and installing machine's in engine plants.
In amongst these different jobs, I've also had and lost a couple of workshops repairing old and new cars.
I'm on a steep learning curve and hope to be able to put back in as much as I take out.
Not played with cars for a few years, and I'm now a locksmith based on the Essex riviera UK.
Thanks
Mario
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Welcome Mario!
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Glad to have you here Mario, can’t wait I see what project you bring in.
Bfriend

Post by Bfriend »

Hi Im Bill from Illinois (not chicago) Im definitely new to the vw game but i am a Harley tech so air cooled engines are not unfamilar to me, however vws are lol. I just bought a 63 baja total restore for a great price. Im so curious how to make them fast and fun the hard part on mine is done. But I am a gearhead at heart and even with the bigger engine and cam,it still seems nowhere near the feel I thought it would have. I will be reading and studying all I can love the sight so far. Thank you
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Bill welcome to the STF, glad to have you. Check out the Off Road forum for your dirty needs and for fast go to the engine form, really fast go to the Turbo forum all are great and packed with info. Ask questions and help
Out when you can.
Wild Oval

Post by Wild Oval »

Hello People.

I was on the site a few years back. I sold my VW but now have gotten back into the fun of owning VWs. I have a 1956 Oval that is being built for me as an over the top street rod. Have recently bought a 1959 Splitty panel. Am starting the process of getting it back on the road. It will have a late model engine and trans along with a new suspension. Nothing really wild and crazy. Just want it to be a nice bus to cruise around.
thegreatestscott

Post by thegreatestscott »

Hi all, I’m Tristan and I’m from central PA. I currently own 3 vws, a turboed 73 super, a 72 standard Baja, and a woods buggy I have for racing in the stock class of the Line mountain off road series. I’m going to be looking at turbo set ups to compare to my own build along with many questions I’m sure. I am also looking to find some more support on my suspension set up with my woods buggy. I come from an area where vws are definitely still around, but I really have always lacked a solid mentor for the last 10 years of working and owning these things. Most of my knowledge has come from forums like these, my own research and a lot of trial and error. Thanks for having me!
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Welcome TGS, start a post and your off-to-the-races :wink: .

Lee
JeansMod

Post by JeansMod »

Hello everyone!
After reading your posts for a while and indeed appreciating the quality of most contents I have proudly signed in.
I'm a 74 Bug owner living in North Italy. I have been the owner of my bug (originally a Jeans) for 26 years, it was my first car as I had a license.
In the last three years I had made tons of changes but wasn't much into technical details at the time just got advice and professional help here ant there. Then I got interested and started reading a few books on building and hot roading Volkswagen. Needless to say that I would do differently now, but got passionate and has been fun in the process maybe a bit expensive...)!
I have a couple of things that still need fine tuning and I believe I would need to open a few discussions here...
I am attaching a picture of my ride.
Thanks for accepting me!
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Welcome to ATF Steve. Yes, learning can be often expensive but when you are done with the project you know "you did it" and it is what you wanted and it's waiting for more updates.

Your ride is worth showing to others. Good job!

Lee