Support the STF

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
david58

Support the STF

Post by david58 »

How is your donation to ShopTalkForums used?

All donations to STF are used as follows:

1.Donations cover the cost of running and maintaining the site. STF has ongoing monthly expenses to rent the server space and, from time to time, pay fees to the host company to upgrade the actual equipment. These costs are really pretty inexpensive.
2.It has become necessary to seek professional help, from time to time, to make the necessary software changes that keep STF running and functioning professionally. Day to day maintenance is performed by our non-paid technical volunteers. Only major upgrades are contracted to paid professionals. These changes are just too complex and time consuming to ask our non-paid volunteers to do. So, we pay to have this work done. Moderators are not paid. The site owner makes no money on STF.
3.Donated funds, as available, will be used to purchase prizes for contests and other promotions that are made available to all members or certain groups of members. The site owner is the sole decision maker on how these funds will be employed. Generally, these events will be directed toward increasing member participation and recruiting new members.
4.From time to time, a situation arises in which a vw enthusiast needs a little assistance. Donated funds, as available, will be used to donate to or wholly fund this type of project. The site owner is the sole decision maker for this type of project.

STF, its owner and the 19,000+ members truly appreciate your donation to the site. You may donate any amount. After 9 years, we are still going strong and are one of the premier aircooled vw sites on the internet. Our membership is from all over the world and continues to grow. Donating to STF will keep us going strong.

Doc (STF Owner)
Give a dollar.
Last edited by david58 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
david58

Post by david58 »

Your one dollar donation is all that is needed.
david58

Post by david58 »

doc wrote:For those who don't do Paypal, you can still donate.

Send check, money order or comparable to:

Scott Johnston
1007 NE J Street
Bentonville, AR 72712

Make checks payable to ShopTalkForums.

You can send cash, but I always think it's a little risky. But if it gets here, I'll bet the bank will accept it.

All donations are appreciated and will be used to make STF better for all members. We're currently, half way to our initial goal of $1000. This will fund the forums conversion to the latest software which gives much greater functionality and security.

If you have questions, please pm me. Thanks!

doc :D
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
david58

Post by david58 »

We have reached our initial goal to upgrade the forums, but guys and gals the STF will need your support each month so we can stay on the air. A buck or two a month will go a long way spread out amongst us. This will help keep the STF self supporting. So please give what you can when you can.
Lew

Re: Don't Forget to Support the STF this Month

Post by Lew »

I like this new look. Doc, you're the man. My Donation is on it's way snail mail.......Thanks for STF! :D
david58

Re: Support the STF

Post by david58 »

Remember to Support the STF.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Rheiny

Post by Rheiny »

Just got on here today, I'll try to get a check in the mail shortly.
DannyK

Post by DannyK »

I just joined, but I like your site and appreciate your efforts. Here's a ten spot for starters.
david58

Post by david58 »

The STF needs your support. Make this site better by donating a buck or two.
dragvw2180

Post by dragvw2180 »

David have you ever considered having some tee shirts made up ? Add some to the cost plus shipping to make it worthwhile . If you decide to do this contact me and I will chip in to help with the costs. Mike McCarthy
david58

Post by david58 »

Not a bad idea we did the shirts in the off-road forim quite a few years ago
dragvw2180

Post by dragvw2180 »

Thanks David . I hope it works out and I will definitely be purchasing some . Mike McCarthy