Hi there I,m new I have a 71 bus and want to swap in a EJ 22

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
Jocipo

Hi there I,m new I have a 71 bus and want to swap in a EJ 22

Post by Jocipo »

I got my engine about a week ago EJ 22 it came out of a 71 bus The guy I got it from is installing an electric engine in his bus. I don’t know what year it is or what model car it came out of. Is there somewhere on the block where I can get the numbers to identify the engine and what model car it came out of or possibly call a dealer. I know it has a single port exhaust so I’m thinking it’s a later model The conversion was done at Auto Weks in Oregon I called and they have done a few swaps and just can’t recall exactly what car it came out of. It came with a stinger 4424 version 4 ECU. I ordered a micro squirt for it. I just don’t know anything about stinger I’m sure I’m going to have some questions hooking up the micro squirt where would be the best place to post them would that be Conversion Perversion..... Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrblyoung

Re: Hi there I,m new I have a 71 bus and want to swap in a EJ 22

Post by mrblyoung »

Hey Ang. Glad to see you found ShopTalkForums.

Yes - The Conversion Perversions forum is going to be your best bet for anything Subaru related.

Does it really matter what year the motor came out of? Do the different model years effect how you wire up the Microsquirt?