New To Forum

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
yanktonjim

New To Forum

Post by yanktonjim »

New to the community but not new to air cooled vw's. Just recently came into the ownership of 1972 SB. 1st VW I've owned in 40 + yrs. Back in the day my first VW was a 63 Bug purchased while station at Ft Bragg.in 1969. Drove her back to SD before shipping out to Stuttgart West Germany. Gave that Bug to my Dad and told him to do what he wanted with it--he sold it!! First big mistake!! I had a a 61VW Beetle while stationed in West Germany, gave it to a friend before I returned to the states. 2nd big mistake. Returned home and purchased a 58 VW beetle for $100 that had been painted with a brush or maybe a broom. Ran like champ-- Put it into a guard rail on an icy road. Gave it away! Third big mistake ! Later that year I purchased a 66 split window with the porthole windows and sun roof. Bought another running 65 Bus and robbed the motor to install in the 66. Gave the 65 away. Mistake # 4. Moved to Arkansas for job and about a year later had some major motor issues and did not have the time,tools or bread to repair. Had to leave Arkansas for another job Traded the immaculate split window to a salvage yard for a 1963 Plymouth Valiant. The biggest mistake on this journey of stupidity !!. I'm 70 years old and plan on keeping this little gem till I'm in a box. My SB runs good with good body and I'm sure I will glean some wisdom from this community. Thanks Jim
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: New To Forum

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Welcome to the STF forum. When we get as old as we are we have had plenty of opportunities to make both small and big mistakes... and regret some and allude good thoughts to some others.

Treat your new super gently and you will have it for a long time.

Lee
V8Nate

Post by V8Nate »

Welcome Jim glad you found yourself another Volkswagen
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Welcome aboard!!