4 Barrell FiTech EFI questions

The VW Beetle. Everything about bugs!
reversegearshredder

4 Barrell FiTech EFI questions

Post by reversegearshredder »

So, I have a T1 and it has dual carbs on it right now. I have an adapter piece to convert it to a 4 barrel, I would like to make it an EFI by using the FiTech 4 barrel kit. Would using this work for my application or no. Said motor is in my Dune Buggy, I don't know if that changes anything or not any input is welcome and appreciated, I would love to become more informed on VW engines. One last piece the engine size is a 2276.
ps2375

Re: 4 Barrell FiTech EFI questions

Post by ps2375 »

To me it would be almost the same as mounting a 4 barrel carb in the center. And getting all the associated problems that can come with a center mount carb, like icing if you don't have preheat, keeping the fuel vapor in suspension down the long runners. And the fact that the FI tech system would be barely working on your motor, I don't know if they have a system that you could down size the injectors to get them in a decent operating range for your motor.
reversegearshredder

Re: 4 Barrell FiTech EFI questions

Post by reversegearshredder »

So say I were to have the pre heat problem solved, what would some of the main problems be for the engine, like would I run into bogging or just it not running at all?