Urabus...it's in the works (Subaru EJ20T build)

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
panel

Re: Urabus...it's in the works (Subaru EJ20T build)

Post by panel »

Here are some of the mods etc......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
panel

Post by panel »

And if anyone was curious re the old air/air set up that I actually never even ran on the road...just in the driveway :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Looking good! Get that sucker finished up and start enjoying it!
panel

Post by panel »

Got my final part made. This will be my fill for the system. It'll be welded to the end of the cooler and out the bottom will feed the water pump.

panel

Post by panel »

Updates:

Drove her a little this summer till I fried a component in my MS2 board. I had a buddy fix her up for me while I was off for 2 weeks vacation. While he was in there he fixed up some of my point to point wiring also. The water to air intercooler is running really great! I have the water pump activated all the time , it just comes on when the fuel pump is on. As for engine temp cooling she seems to run ok temp wise. I have one fan kick on at 200°F and the other I think at 213°F. Over the winter I have to take the rad out from under the bus cause I forgot to get a barb/bead put onto the ends of the rad. I had one line pop off on me while idling over at a buddies house. :oops:

- As for tuning and driving it.......she goes really good! Almost scary at the top end of 3rd gear. My log says 7psi max I've had it at. That's no boost control at all just straight wastegate. I might add in a controller but not sure right now.

- I'm also debating adding in a 7" generic Hot Rod brake booster for the bus this Fall/Winter also.

- I also will be adding a PWM Idle control to get a little more RPM in the mornings when cold.
panel

Post by panel »

Built a cold air intake for the engine compartment. Trying to get a little cooler air into the beast and not suck the hot air from the engine area. Had to drill a hole where the battery used to go and then relocate the air cleaner into that pocket. Also grabbed one of those Outerwear nylon covers to help protect it.