Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 800 HP 8s V8 Turbo conversion

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
fstrmnky

Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 700 HP 9s V8 Turbo conversion

Post by fstrmnky »

panel wrote:fstrmnky .......start at page 1........ Lots of info there + a link to his Facebook.
Been following this thread for a while & read from the first post. Don’t recall any mention of a v8 motorcycle. Perhaps Joosep can answer or someone useful can link me to the answer if asked before

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
panel

Post by panel »

Crap dude.......go easy. Nice second post. Kinda uncalled for calling me useless. He might have not mentioned the V8 motorcycle because it's his thread on his " Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 700 HP 9s V8 Turbo conversion" not the bike.

Again dude , no need to call anyone here on this forum useless.
fstrmnky wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:56 pmBeen following this thread for a while & read from the first post. Don’t recall any mention of a v8 motorcycle. Perhaps Joosep can answer or someone useful can link me to the answer if asked before
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
joosep

Post by joosep »

Sorry, guys for being away.
Yes, it was fueltank under the rised part of the floor because right side of the car was 70kg lighter and we tried to get better balance.
We put my car together and new car is 40kg lighter :) (Happy with that because there are 35meter of more tubes)
Unfortunately This car didn´t show us its potensial because there were major problems with clutch....it slipped every time after shifting. We thaught that line is too thin and don´t let the oil back quick enough, then we resurfaced pressure plate and flywheel, used max clamp and new disk + 8mm oil tube but no difference :( Now we figured out that the problem is in main cylinder and it will be replaced next week....it just takes new oil to system when I quickly releace the pedal. Last event of yhe year is on 7th/8th september (2 weeks)
But how it feeled - like a totally new car :)
I was able to make 9.7 with less power and easy start and it feeled like 12s in the car...maybe because of the new wheelbase or higher tyres but feels 10 times better. Eaven when I didn´t make a burnout it pulled 1.3 to 60ft :) (0,1 faster than it used to with burnout) eaven when clutch slipped and it had less power it made 238km/h (232 was last record)

I´ll talk about this v8 bike when its on 2wheels :) and it should take less than a month :) Uses same engine and similar trans as my bug

Really toasted clutch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCy34UQI_3Y :(

You can buy this car after that event :roll:

*40kg lighter than it used to be
*5cm longer, 6cm tighter, 8 cm lower than it was
* Goes about 10+ passes without problems on battery only (no generator this year because it makes 2 times easier to get the engine out with tighter frame)
* We have 28x10x15 not 26x10x15 what we had last year and hoosiers act better than M/Hs
* The leak is missing and can go easyly 5+ passes on 1L of compressed air for shifting...maybe eaven 10 but haven´t risked with shiftingerror.
* As we was worried about going on batteries, we turn on second fuelpump under some boost (light on buttons panel and for safety the shiftlight don´t work when second pump power is missing) and we use larger radiator to use less electric for fan. We use heavy Gel battery to get car weight balance better (made for start-stop system diesel)
*Now we can adjust camber on rear axle and it gave us almoust equal tyre stripes because we can fight with body roll results abit.

Image Image Image Image
panel

Post by panel »

That just sounds insane? What dash are you using ?
joosep

Post by joosep »

panel wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:09 pm That just sounds insane? What dash are you using ?
Its really cheap dash form LDPerformance. I Like them because you can use it with analog sensors, you can use it with CAN but I really like that it takes data directly from megasquirt with com port cable and shows me basic stuff I need....no extra sensors or wires.
joosep

Post by joosep »

We had a really nice weekend that ended our season. It was first event this year with working clutch and we were pretty fast...
Our record was 9.8 from last year and 9.7 with slipping clutch from spring but now we tested, learned, tuned and passes were:
9,9 / 9,7 / 9,5 / spin / 9,3 / 9,0 with 242km/h and 5.8 on 8th mile. Quess how good it was to finally prove that it really goes fast as I knew for many months but had no chanche to prove it because of clutch problems.
We were trying to make 8sec run in final but we broke the cv joint and had to leave with second place as fastest car in our class.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Inside cam video is coming soon :) Stay tuned and check for some more: http://www.facebook.com/WhlsUp
I had been thinking about selling this car but I really like to keep it for one more season because there are some room for better performance. Plans we had but need some more starts to reach were: less than 6 sec form 0 to 200km/h (We were able to make 195 on 1/8th but not 200km/h and we hoped 8 sec and 250 top speed @ 402m but we are 0,08702 and 7,6km/h behind...sorry but this speed needs some aero now. It´s really scareful when I have to take down the speed after the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rdauC7 ... A_x3mUyQUs

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc0tmwq ... iKVjH8zbWk
panel

Post by panel »

:shock:
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

That thing hauls some major a**
Better to be blown than to suck!
joosep

Post by joosep »

Thanks to Scott Johnston I´m back in this great forum (Lost my password)
I usually keep my updates on my fb page www.facebook.com/WhlsUp
But this time I would like to hide some new material from our local guys and I post it here :D
I´m thinking that I took a bit too large bite but no ways back, no regret
I now I can only go to 8.5 with my cage and I have only half seconds to go but some updates for next summer (Maybe tha last summer for me with that car)

* Dogbox internals with way longer first gear (Now I can see correct 60ft without gearchange in it like I used to)
* Three disc clutch (used one race on nascar)
* H profile rods for engine (Now I´m able to come out of the gay boost)
* Some work todo with aero and new look
* Some better and lighter rear wheels (-12kg from pair)
* 1" higher 2" wider new Hoosiers on rear end
* I need a suit because I passed 240km/h limit
* Some extra sensors for better start
* Some modifications with boost solenoid for more agressive start - I´ll try to add 1 spring and get it to closed loop finally
* I´ll try to make it look better so I sandblasted it and it has a paint on the frame now and I´m dealing with alloy stuff installation and fabrication.

If anybody in scandinavia has fronf wheels with similar look I would like to buy them :)
And if I told that it could be my last summer with that car I meant that I think its finised for me and will be available for sale if I beat 8.5 in summer 2020
panel

Post by panel »

What extra sensors are you adding ?
joosep

Post by joosep »

my 1 disc clutch was on its limit and it just gripped it excacly as I needed for best 60ft. With 3 disc clutch it works more like on - off and I need to slip it a bit. Now I´m thinking about adding a clutch management and it is actually almoust mechanical but for correct tune we need to see wheel speed and it would be really good to see the real speed (For tuning clutch management correctly) but high speed gps sensors are quite expensive. I Really think that I can step from 1.3 to 1.2 or eaven better :wink: Also we would like to keep the boost corrected by the speed.
joosep

Post by joosep »

No new records yet because there were so many changes and it needed about 15-20 starts to get it all working correctly and it means that half of the season is gone :D But I´m quite sure I´m able to get it to 8 sec and start writing the power of that car with 8 as a first number and weight without me is also 8xx kg I´m thinking about taking a new racing number to that car and its not hard to figure it out what could it be :D

Enyoy the nice pics of new look with some aero and really good handling with high speeds www.facebook.com/whlsup

Little testing with not max power: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Nk6-1 ... Jb4WWJc7V8
joosep

Post by joosep »

No new records from testday because we had to deal with driveability problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFov42F ... oVuJx2c_bE