Smallest radiator for Subaru swap

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
Andy Somogyi

Smallest radiator for Subaru swap

Post by Andy Somogyi »

What do guys think is the smallest front-mount radiator suitable for a Subaru swap?

There are quite a few guys running Honda Civic radiators, these have a core size of 14.09” x 13.78” for a total area of 194 square inches. Anyone running a Civic radiator with a turbo motor?

Looks like a number of our mates in Aus and UK are running the Alfa 33 radiator which is 21.5 x 9.75” for a total area of 209 square inches. Any turbos on Alfa 33 radiators.

From what I've seen, about 200 square inches seems to be the smallest commonly used radiator, any turbo swaps using radiators about this size?
beetle radiator.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maurice

Re: Smallest radiator for Subaru swap

Post by maurice »

I’m planning to run the small Honda radiator. I’m using the mishimoto radiator and fan setup. The mishimoto one has much more capacity than the Honda one, and appears that it will cool better, their fan and shroud is also nice and has a tighter seal and better fan than the Honda.

Keep in mind that you’ll be running cooling lines across the car, and they’ll disapate heat, as well as add capacity. I don’t think the small radiator should be your concern, more sealing it off and making sure it gets proper air flow