How are you doing?

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Leatherneck

How are you doing?

Post by Leatherneck »

This virus has people places and things all messed up. It for sure got a lot serious then I thought it would be whether from media or actual happening but either way. How are all of you doing, taking precautions, staying away from others? Need anything?
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: How are you doing?

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

After 3 weeks of staying home and mostly indoors plus when outdoors for mail or mowing the grass I/we kept 6' away from walkers of all sorts but we finally had to go get some supplies. Some of the places have senior's only hours usually in the AM but even then they are busy and a lot of people wearing masks. I should know in a week or so if I am going to survive.

Lee
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

You will survive Lee, just keep doing what you do.
Max Welton

Post by Max Welton »

We finally had to make a run to the store after about a week hunkered. Needed to hit two different groceries to get everything on the list but we should be set for the next few weeks. Luckily there's only the two of us here in the empty nest so we don't step on each other much. And on the warmer days I can retreat to the barn and putter.

We are friends with a much younger couple with a 9 year old son and a newborn. The four of them are in a tight little apartment and going a little nuts. So they went for a ride yesterday and wound up in our driveway. We came out and talked for a while at a distance. That was nice.

Max
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

I can't tell, apparently some bastard labeled me as an essential. I question this every 40 hours a work week.

What I do like is less traffic.
The big box food seems just as crazy, but I don't mind the metered number of people let in (only been once)
The pharmacy is now walk up only...a little annoying but not bad.
Fast food is drive through only...no difference but wifi tends to be crap in the lot.

I needed a hair cut and shoes a few weeks/months before the pandemic, but this is only a minor annoyance.
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

I drink more....there I said it.

Actually we're all hanging in there. Have an essential job going with 4 guys total on site. They go to work and they go home that's it. Not as boxed in as some but the stress of having 6 employees livelihood relying on me is stressful.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
chuckput

Post by chuckput »

As a school teacher forced to quickly convert to provide distance learning for my students it has been very busy around the house. Since I (and my wife) teach students with mild to moderate learning disabilities, the stress has been even greater. Things are constantly changing. Since I work right on the border, some of my students have crossed over to the Mexico side to stay with relatives there allowing parents to go to work. The end result is that many of them are incommunicado. If any of you are parents, please make sure your contact information (phone numbers and emails) are up-to-date at all times at your child's school.

We had our second grandchild born on March 19th, so we have been helping out the parents (the other grandson turns 3 on April 27th). Living in a rural county does have its advantages, but there are unique problems. Imperial county has 50 confirmed cases and just registered our first death today. Because things are not as dire as on the coast, many people are not following the stay at home orders as close as they should. My wife and I stay at home all day working via the computer and we only go for groceries once a week. We spend the evenings with the grandchildren.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Stay safe everyone, please. A few weeks of staying home and some inconvenience will pass. So far, we have been pretty lucky here in Arkansas. Virus numbers relatively low.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I am social distancing in my shop. Lots of projects to keep me distracted from the news media.
"Your car sounds angry, and it wants to go fast all the time..."
(quote from my daughter, after driving my car)

It's not complicated, it's just expensive...
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Here is AZ we have a influx of CA boaters and land maggots. Our LE’s are seeing about closing the refuge because the amount of trespassing, littering and damage being done with all the shitheads who aren’t Sheltering in place. That and each contact they make puts them at harm for catching the virus. Inconsiderate people suck!
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

I have stayed home about the last 10 days I think.. our son is home from work but he is still getting paid. Daughter is working from home. Been keeping busy in the yard, driving the new whip and daily soaks in the hot tub to kill the covid cooties...ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Scott, good to see you come into town. We have for sure missed you. BTW, like your billboard.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

So I am doing 40 hour weeks again. Two days of 10 each out in the field and 2 days of Telework. That’s good cause I have over 3200 unopened emails 😂😂😂😎. Angie and I are doing good, she is working on her soap business. It smells as good as it looks and does a great job even with greasy hands. Here is just one of the 50 different types (maybe more) that she has. It is all soap too.
E21609F9-0D57-4DE3-BDC5-E1F27BBBAFB7.jpeg
9A55BD7D-E00A-4843-8BF6-C1BAFA63D02B.jpeg
Me I am still working on the Honda mod, parts are slow coming in, longest wait is a month, average is probably a week. People talk about truckers hauling all they can but some companies are laying off. It’s confusing for sure. All I can say is after the virus and scare tactics are over it’s going to be interesting with our economy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

I am not OK.....I need desert time. That's all
Other then that were fine. Heathy and working for the most part.

The Queen is prepped and ready for when we get to play again.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Company did a 20% RIF, I am safe as I'm considered "business critical," sucked to see so many people I've worked with for 10 years no longer showing up in meetings. My job is 100% remote which makes things like this really no different than any other day in the last 10 years as far as work life. We live in the woods in Maine and are pretty introverted so not really much of a change in personal life. That being said, I'm V-EMS, that has ramped up considerably as well as stringent decon process before I walk back in the house after a call. Stay safe. Stay away from people. We will get through this.