New guy, new build

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Post Reply
Clonebug
Posts: 4448
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:28 am

Re: New guy, new build

Post by Clonebug » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:44 pm

If it's not on the pressure side it can be any generic fuel filter....mine is a Napa steel filter with 1/2 inch inlet and 1/2 inch outlet to match my pump inlet. I ran it for 6 years and replaced it with the same only because I was going to California and didn't want an issue like a plugged filter.
It keeps the rust flakes in the tank from going through the pump. I think it's something like 40 micron.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.

chriswillrise
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Re: New guy, new build

Post by chriswillrise » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:03 pm

What’s everyone’s resister spark plug of choice?

User avatar
buguy
Posts: 5848
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:53 pm

Re: New guy, new build

Post by buguy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:33 pm

I use NGK DR7EA. Depends on the heads you have though.

chriswillrise
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Re: New guy, new build

Post by chriswillrise » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:52 pm

buguy wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:33 pm
I use NGK DR7EA. Depends on the heads you have though.
Cb 044 panchito heads

User avatar
buguy
Posts: 5848
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:53 pm

Re: New guy, new build

Post by buguy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:55 pm

I believe those would be the 12mm long reach plugs. Maybe someone can confirm?

madmike
Posts: 2650
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:11 pm

Re: New guy, new build

Post by madmike » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:59 am

I try and run the coldest plug I can get away with.

chriswillrise
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Re: New guy, new build

Post by chriswillrise » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:26 am

Trying to get familiar with TS. I need to adjust afr, ve, and ignition tables on the X and Y axis all kind of similar correct? 240 kpa is like 20lbs of boost and I dont plan on running over 15 so I think that would be ok?

Image
Image

chriswillrise
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Re: New guy, new build

Post by chriswillrise » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:25 pm

Or anyone have a “base tune” they could send me to tweak a little for startup ?

User avatar
Schweg
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: New guy, new build

Post by Schweg » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:19 pm

I can send you my tune but your going to have to set up your specific items like wasted spark or sequential. Your injector and engine size and remap.

Setting up TS and tables isn’t awful. You just need to get it to idle then autotune will help help with the rest.

chriswillrise
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Re: New guy, new build

Post by chriswillrise » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:33 pm

Schweg wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:19 pm
I can send you my tune but your going to have to set up your specific items like wasted spark or sequential. Your injector and engine size and remap.

Setting up TS and tables isn’t awful. You just need to get it to idle then autotune will help help with the rest.
What about setting up the timing, I’ve read it’s like impossible to do on the street and should really be done on a dyno

User avatar
Schweg
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: New guy, new build

Post by Schweg » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:12 am

Your not going to nail the timing on the street and pull every last ounce of performance out but you can get a good running car that works then get it dyno tuned if your looking to extract it all.

Also If memory serves I think The dub shop does a base tune for $45 if that is where you want to spend your cash.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chriswillrise
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Re: New guy, new build

Post by chriswillrise » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:37 pm

ok need some MS2/ TS help. I think I might have screwed myself a little building my ms. I used IAC1A for my second coil driver and IAC2A for my boost controller output. I wasn't thinking about what my dash tacho output would be so now I don't know where to get it. On TS it has the IAC1 and IAC2 options but not specifically A or B so idk if I can use them or not?

I am using the relay board if that makes any difference

any help is appreciated

User avatar
panel
Posts: 4073
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 2:01 am

Re: New guy, new build

Post by panel » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:26 pm

Isn't there a TACH output on the relay board ?
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians

chriswillrise
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Re: New guy, new build

Post by chriswillrise » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:30 pm

panel wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:26 pm
Isn't there a TACH output on the relay board ?
No, you have to “make” on using a spare output

User avatar
Chip Birks
Posts: 3802
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:59 pm

Re: New guy, new build

Post by Chip Birks » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:49 pm

chriswillrise wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:37 pm
ok need some MS2/ TS help. I think I might have screwed myself a little building my ms. I used IAC1A for my second coil driver and IAC2A for my boost controller output. I wasn't thinking about what my dash tacho output would be so now I don't know where to get it. On TS it has the IAC1 and IAC2 options but not specifically A or B so idk if I can use them or not?

I am using the relay board if that makes any difference

any help is appreciated
Use the LEDs as your coil drivers. Not iacs

Post Reply