MadMike's 'Casper' 76 bug

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
madmike

Re: My latest ride

Post by madmike »

Air filter is on, a bit gaudy but I'll get use to it stickin out like a 'sore Thumb' :lol:
New turbo haulass too :lol: even at 12 lbs ,seems to have 'More" then the ebay one at 15 or so ,LOL,, wish I had a dyno :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Schweg

Post by Schweg »

Is the air filter any less in your face then the turbo?
buguy

Post by buguy »

I like it! Although I'd cut the extra off of the carb stud.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Thanks, as for the stud you would think K&N would of suppeyed the bolt for $94 :roll: :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

well the Bug is running purdy good , I can't use the A/F gauge cuz the dump pipe needs a bung :oops:
took a nice drive yesterday to the next town , moose club has a nice little car show but i didn't stay,
bugs oil temp got up to 230* switched on the fan to the cooler came back to 215* but it was 92* :lol: I'm not worried about it :lol:
With this new air filter I can actually hear the secondary on the Quick fuel opening up :lol: so far 12 lbs or so, lifts this thing in 1st 2nd and 3rd ,,didn't need to stay 'in it' for 4th :shock:
new tires helped :wink: :lol: I must of been boosting a lot,(half a dozen times at least) cuz it used a couple gallons of gas
buguy

Post by buguy »

Seems like I read oil temps should be in the 230-260 range? I assume to burn off any moisture?
madmike

Post by madmike »

I like 180*-212*,,,, and 215* is hot for up here , plus I don't need to change the oil as often,, run them hot and the oil breaks down :(
I'm swapping back to the t3/t4, not because the t4 don't work, but I need to see the a/r gauge :lol: I'm being anal I guess :roll: :lol: I seem to have gotten some water or crap/dirt, from the gas station, started bucking at lower rpm's , and that gauge would of helped me figure it out :wink:
buguy

Post by buguy »

What's an a/r gauge?
madmike

Post by madmike »

:oops: A/f i was thinking air fuel ratio so out came a/r :lol:
buguy

Post by buguy »

Oh got it!
madmike

Post by madmike »

all back together with the old/new t3/t4 turbo, boost comes on way quicker :D can't really tell much diff.in the power/torque/put your a$$ backintheseat :lol: Had some oil in the intake when I removed the t4 , but only seen smoke once when I came off boost,, strange , I was told it was rebuilt,notice on my test drive,, oil must of fouled some plugs cus it started to 'Break up' /Miss when I got on it,, did that twice,, third time it clear up and ran GREAT 8) 8) 8) I want to Race on the 12th at Our Michigan 'Bug Run" :D
buguy

Post by buguy »

Whenever I've had oil in the intake it's when the turbo seal was bad.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Good news ,,the guy I got it from offered to check it out :D
madmike

Post by madmike »

testing for the up coming race and cracked a cylinder and lifted head ,, noticed a leak only after boosting ,, one tiny drop when not :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Gonna be able to get it going in time?