Now 2332 port blow through! Edelbrock 600*NOW WITH FITECH! on my daily 2276

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
madmike

Re: Edelbrock 600 on my daily 2276

Post by madmike »

Please ask them if they have any of them boxes for sale? Thanks, I'm also going to look at our big VW swap meet first weekend of March up here.
VdanielW

Post by VdanielW »

Well it is a no go for getting my Mallory box fixed. I spoke to Ed there and he said he's never taken apart one of the hyfire units before. So I figured my last chance to try and get it fixed would be to contact Holley (msd bought mallory and holley bought msd). They responded back within 24hrs and informed me they have no support for mallory and have no suggestions for a repair shop. I responded back asking what msd they would recommend for my application and they recommended the msd 6btm. It's cost is just over $500- ouch! I was talking to Aj about this issue and he recommended J&S Electronics SafeGuard Universal knock control system. It not only can retard under knocking conditions (and has a sensitivity adjustment so our noisy little vw engines won't set it off all the time) but it can also retard under boost. The only problem is its $595 and I've been spending every spare dime on my race engine (still gathering parts just over a year).
I'll stick with my 5psi boost and no timing retard for the time being. Not as much fun, but still better than driving a water cooled car lol
madmike

Post by madmike »

well Bummer :roll: , I think I'll just find a water/meth set up,been looking at the Snow performance one, someday I'll come across a better Ignition system , try the old MSD BTM 6al and it didn't work for $hit :roll: :lol: for some reason my bug 'ate'' 4 msd boxes :roll: :?
buguy

Post by buguy »

Maybe it's time to go microsquirt and crank trigger? Could have had that for the same cost as an MSD. Then if you wanted, you could do FI.
VdanielW

Post by VdanielW »

If I go fuel injection it’ll be fitech. I’ve been watching Aj Sims for years enjoy his and it would be an easy bolt on set up. It controls fuel and ignition in one small unit,can be easily reprogrammed using a laptop, and can be adjusted on the fly. Great set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buguy

Post by buguy »

Yeah I have put several of them on muscle cars at work. Too much money for throttle body injection in my opinion. But that's just me. Definitely simpler though.
VdanielW

Post by VdanielW »

I’m collecting parts for my race engine. I will be going fitech using their 8 injector throttle body, but will be installing 4 of the injectors at ports. The other 4 will still be in the throttle body, before the turbo, and will add in a chemically intercooling the compressed air. $$$

buguy

Post by buguy »

I'd be interested to see how that set up works.
VdanielW

Post by VdanielW »

Update update... The edelbrock has been running great, and with the exception of cold running issues (not an issue anymore we are at 104deg's today) my last fill up was 24.2mpg around town driving! Time to move on to the next step in evolution- fuel injection & electronically controlled ignition. As I mentioned above I will be going fitech in my race engine build and have decided to do the same for my daily driver. Luckily, I will be using the 8 injector kit they offer with 4 injectors still in the unit and 4 injectors installed in the end castings. The system can be programmed to only run on 4 injectors until a certain rpm (set up in programming) so I'll be running the throttle body, with only 4 injectors, on my daily driver. When a race weekend comes up I'll simply reprogram it for the race engine, install the throttle body on the race engine, and go have fun. I am also getting a J&S Safeguard to get the most out of it all.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I'm interested to see how that works out.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Hey Dan , would u sell the bad Mallory box to me?
VdanielW

Post by VdanielW »

madmike, will you need the harness as well or just want the box?
madmike

Post by madmike »

harness too , lol
VdanielW

Post by VdanielW »

Lol, well give me a little time. When I start wiring up the fitech I’ll try to fish out the Mallory harness.

madmike

Post by madmike »

sweet ,Thanks, no hurry :lol: