The Aufgeladen Ghia

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
xzener

Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia

Post by xzener »

Ok. Fuel leaks fixed. Back to auto tuning the lower end rpms. Having intermittent sync issues every so often. Which seems to be either initial throttle response, or coming off throttle. Been troubleshooting that with the clutch. Happened while in neutral, no clutch pedal manipulation. Tried to get it to happen with the clutch depressed, it did not. It's being intermittent, hard to tell where the problem lies. Have good AFRs in the garage up to about 2300 rpm. Will be attempting my first drive soon.
Last edited by xzener on Thu May 27, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boost is contagious.
Schweg

Post by Schweg »

Sounds like your sensor is shifting away due to end play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xzener

Post by xzener »

Yes, that is the thought... This sensor has been an issue since it was installed. I was able to rev the engine last night, 5lbs of boost, no sync loss? These sensors are a pita sometimes. :?
Boost is contagious.
buguy

Post by buguy »

5psi revving it?!
Max Welton

Post by Max Welton »

No load, remember.

Max
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

I thought that load is what helped a motor make boost, however my experience is with turbos have only had 1 supercharged car and it was a factory Pontiac setup.
I still think you need a very solid and stable crank signal to have a good running motor.
Keep up the good work
Kenric
Good quality is getting harder and harder to find.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Crap. I forgot this was supercharged and not a turbo.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

xzener wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:23 am Ok. Fuel leaks fixed. Back to auto tuning the lower end rpms. Having intermittent sync issues every so often. Which seems to be either initial throttle response, or coming off throttle. Been troubleshooting that with the clutch. Happened while in neutral, no clutch pedal manipulation. Tried to get it to happen with the clutch depressed, it did not. It's being intermittent, hard to tell where the problem lies. Have good AFRs in the garage up to about 2300 rpm. Will be attempting my first drive soon.
Revving it in the garage will not help your tune much if at all. As soon as you put any load on the engine the tune will be off.
You will be better off adjusting your Lambda delay and driving it than sitting in the garage and idling.
If you are having issues with your crank trigger make sure your gap is set right and also check your crank endplay. Set your gap at about 0.20" wqith the crank pushed as close to the trigger as possible. With a stock endplay you will be around .024-.026" with the clutch disengaged.

If your idle is set....take it for a drive with autotune enabled and put it on easy or very easy. Let it tune for you. Drive it normal without getting on it too much to hit all the cruise and shift bins. You can tune the boost areas once your low and cruise is closer.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
xzener

Post by xzener »

buguy wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:46 pm 5psi revving it?!
I sensed a little sarcasm there. :lol:
Boost is contagious.
xzener

Post by xzener »

Max Welton wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:21 pm No load, remember.

Max
Have you seen my signature?? :shock:
Boost is contagious.
Max Welton

Post by Max Welton »

LOL!
xzener

Post by xzener »

As Woodsbuggy1 states, need a solid crank signal to have a good running motor. Still chasing an intermittent sync loss... Will take her for a spin as soon as all the small issues have been fixed. Getting good advice, thanks for all your inputs. Will check my gap on the crank sensor, thanks Clonebug.
Boost is contagious.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I don't know if it has been mentioned before or not, but i was having sync loss with mine when i built it. I added a pull-up resistor on the crank sensor wires and it went away.
xzener

Post by xzener »

I believe that fix is for VR sensors, is it not? I have a Hall sensor. Just Googled it, this may be an option. Thanks Buguy!
Boost is contagious.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Indeed mine is VR.... So i really don't know about a hall sensor.