It worked for me

General tips/tricks/tools that could be utilized on any platform.
Ol'fogasaurus

It worked for me

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Ever get a metal sliver that you can't get or dig out, it fights you all the way... I just did what I would think would be the obvious. I got the sliver opened up then instead of continuing to dig down to the bone put a magnet over the sliver and Wha...La... it is gone.

Lee
doc
Site Admin

Re: It worked for me

Post by doc »

Perfect!
SCOTTRODS

Post by SCOTTRODS »

I have used the magnet approach with some successes as well.... sometimes no digging required... sometimes you still have to dig it out deep and tweeze it. Metal slivers are jagged on the edge often and act like fishing hook barbs. That's why it doesn't always work... depends on the direction the metal entered...
I have found them completely missing more than once. - PILEDRIVER

Some pics of My Powder Coating work
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/terrellster/
My Facebook Page for Powder Coating
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001788886297
Max Welton

Post by Max Welton »

Brilliant

Max
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

SCOTTRODS wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:27 am I have used the magnet approach with some successes as well.... sometimes no digging required... sometimes you still have to dig it out deep and tweeze it. Metal slivers are jagged on the edge often and act like fishing hook barbs. That's why it doesn't always work... depends on the direction the metal entered...
That is about what I found to be true also.

Funny but I got one out then, later in the afternoon, in the same hole was the one I used the magnet on then, a couple of hours later (and no garage time either) another one showed up in the same hole that had to be dug out. Not sure if the one longer one broke into 3 pieces or I just happened to have a 3-in-1 hole shot.

I'm not sure it is their (in-animate objects) sense of humor or just nastiness on their part :wink: :lol: .

Lee
Tom in PA

Post by Tom in PA »

Hmm, I may have to buy some of those super duty rare earth magnets for splinter removal...