Second gear popping out

Discuss VW transaxles and transmissions. Gearheads wanted!
Booky

Second gear popping out

Post by Booky »

My second gear is popping out just started to do it and it got worse really quick.Its only second.It seems to in gage nice.But it does not pop out all the way it wants to grind. I tried to adjust but didn’t work Trainsmision only had about 4000 miles on it.
Kafer_Mike

Re: Second gear popping out

Post by Kafer_Mike »

When you say "I tried to adjust", did you check and adjust the shifter base and/or shift coupling? What about the shift rod bushing/bracket in the tunnel?
Booky

Post by Booky »

Sorry did not mention that it has a Jamar side shifter.Its a single seat rail.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Booky wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:11 pm Sorry did not mention that it has a Jamar side shifter.Its a single seat rail.
IMG_2167 copy.jpg
Question, is there a plate that came with the mount that looks like this? If so the placement of the black part of the mount is important. If I remember correctly the longer side that is also higher should face the passenger side but it could be the short side which I think might be for hitting reverse. Do a check both ways to see it it affects the shifting. Also the shifter could be sitting in the wrong position which usually just means some adjustment.

Lee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kafer_Mike

Post by Kafer_Mike »

It goes short side to driver and long side to passenger.
Booky

Post by Booky »

Mike thanks for the suggestion but I have a Jamar side shifter.It does not that one of the plates you are showing.