speeduino ignition only

Pumpkin jack

speeduino ignition only

Post by Pumpkin jack »

]hi there. i am new to this forum and need some help with a speeduino ecu.
i have a 1973 type2 with 1700 type4 engine fitted with new 2lt heads taking it to 1911cc. it has scat35 cam and at the moment has idf 44 carbs fitted with wasted spark through speeduino ecu.
i am in need of some help with the ignition table. the engine idles great at 900rpm, it drives okay up to about 3500 rpm at wot then coughs splutters and backfires until i release throttle. i think i need a svda equivalent ignition table to use as a good starting point.
can anyone help?
thanks
IMG_20201024_171440[2692].jpg
is this setup okay
Screenshot 2020-10-24 193011.png
current ign table
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clonebug

Re: speeduino ignition only

Post by Clonebug »

Are you sure it's ignition related and not the carbs causing it???
It almost sounds like your main jet could be wrong.

Also, what kind of crank sensor are you using??? It looks like you have no shielding on your wiring... you should have shielded wire or at least the wires twisted like theDubShop does.

Your ignition map...it's more like an 009. You can try changing all the 32's and make them 30 to see if that helps.

I run 12 degrees timing at idle just because I can. I do have FI so whether that makes a difference.......
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Pumpkin jack

Post by Pumpkin jack »

i have been trouble shooting for a while now.
I started with gas guzzling idf44 carbs.
i then changed to bosch l jet but it didnt like the scat cam.

i then redid wiring loom, fitted tps, crank and map sensor and fitted speeduino ecu. The engine started but cut out under load and i couldnt work out if it was ignition or fuel related.

I reduced venturi size and refitted the carbs and dizzy to get engine up and running, then reconnected wasted spark and it ran well (apart from wot @ high rpm ) hence trying to get ignition map sorted.

I'll change some numbers around and see what happens
My thinking was to get ignition sorted out, drive it for a while then refit fi and try to get fueling right

you're right about cables. I have shielded wire on order, maybe that is the issue.

I also haven't seen anyone else position the crank sensor the way I've got it, so perhaps that is an issue also?
Bruce.m

Post by Bruce.m »

Check the log. Getting trigger signal nice & clean or is it losing lock. If the signal is good & strong then check the offset is correct with a timing light?