I need help removing my fuel pump flange

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
BugginNH
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2000 12:01 am

I need help removing my fuel pump flange

Post by BugginNH »

I tried removing a cracked fuel pump flange and it just keeps breaking up. I'm afraid to do any more damage to it. Is this just a holder for that plunger? Is ther any reason I can't squirt some Mystery Oil or Liquid Wrench around it to loosen it up?
Thanks
Pauline

I need help removing my fuel pump flange

Post by Pauline »

Mine's just broken in two about half way up the pointy part. And the point is stuck down in there too. I just put it back together and it's running fine, but would like to get it out and replace it. I was afraid of pieces falling down into the crankshaft. One person told me if you squirt something down there to loosen it up, all you'd have to do to get the (whatever you used to disolve the varnish out was to change the oil. I still haven't done it yet though.
Good luck and let us know what you do!
Post Reply