Hey guys/gals, I forgot my password again. Anyway, I'm about to take one of my cases to the shop to be machine for a new build-up. This one is especially dirty inside and out. I started cleaning the outside of the case Suday afternoon, but it's taking forever with the dremel. Is there an easier way? I just don't want to take it to the shop in its current filthy state. Does anyone know anything about how to hot tank a case? I know that the shop can do this, but I'd prefer to do it myself if possible. Is there another way that you all have had any success with? By the way, cases look cool as hell after polishing them with a dremel (it just takes forever).
Speedbuggie
Cleaning the case...
-
rich2481
- Posts: 1539
- Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2001 12:01 am
Cleaning the case...
I use a high pressure hose then blow it dry with airhose. known people to take to a car wash
- Hank Winning
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2001 12:01 am
Cleaning the case...
With the high pressure car wash wand you can remove any crud
I like to spray in the oil gallerys--- the reverse of the way the oil would flow to dislodge anything in there
then use air to dry it
it is a rain gear kind of job
hank
I like to spray in the oil gallerys--- the reverse of the way the oil would flow to dislodge anything in there
then use air to dry it
it is a rain gear kind of job
hank
-
VWBuggy
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:01 am
Cleaning the case...
I used Gunk engine degreaser (left it on for 15 or 20 minutes) and then proceeded to pressure wash the heck outta it. I agree with Hank... this is definitely a coverall/rain gear job as it is messy, but works great.
-
Bob K
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2001 12:01 am
Cleaning the case...
65Buggie,
What do you use for an attachment on the Dremel to polish the case?
Bob
What do you use for an attachment on the Dremel to polish the case?
Bob
-
65buggie
Cleaning the case...
Well, I've been using a little wire wheel to take off the gunk, oxydation, and such. Then switching to a polishing wheel with some polishing compound. It works pretty well. I also soaked my case with 2 cans of Gunk degreaser and half a bottle of Simple Green last night. After I let it soak a while, I took it to the car wash and used the power sprayer on it. MAN IS IT CLEAN NOW!!! And BTW you guys were right about the rain gear. Now I can tell all my friends about the Tsunami that I survived.