CopperBaja's Baja

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
User avatar
birddog1148
Posts: 1444
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:42 am

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by birddog1148 »

Just put an amp in and use a MP3 player. :lol:
User avatar
CopperBaja
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by CopperBaja »

Leatherneck wrote:Looks good Copper, going to tie your CB into them too?
No. I have an external speaker under the passenger-side dash. Would be a cool idea to throw a relay on the key-line for the CB, so that when I'm using it, the sound through the speakers cuts out.

This weekend was quite busy....
Spent the weekend putting some Honda seats in my neighbors baja. Not sure what year Civic they're from. I'll get pics up. Baja5 will probably know, being the resident Honda expert.
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
Ol'fogasaurus
Posts: 17881
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:17 pm

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Gosh, if I had know I would have sent you this: http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/pts/2422756054.html

Lee
User avatar
CopperBaja
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by CopperBaja »

His baja is more of a street car. His daughter just got her license...it's her first car. It's pretty cool that she likes it too.
It's a '68 S/A 1500SP. Basically stock with a body kit and a few interior goodies. I took pics...I'm slow at getting pics up lately with a 17yr old that's on the computer 24hrs/day. :roll:
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
Ol'fogasaurus
Posts: 17881
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:17 pm

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I think that someone on the forum did the Brat seats in the rear of their Baja already but from what I can see, it really is a pretty good idea… if they are not used all the time. I could see that they could get uncomfortable if it was the only seating available… all the time. I especially like the idea of the handles for the rear passengers to cling to when going down a hill sideways, better than a couple pairs of hands around the drivers neck squeezing during the same maneuver. Now if someone could figure out a fold away set of handles that could easily be lifted when needed and stored when not; shouldn't be too hard to do.

Lee
User avatar
CopperBaja
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by CopperBaja »

birddog1148 wrote:Just put an amp in and use a MP3 player. :lol:
Looking at a cheap radio on Amazon. Want a CD player with Aux input for that reason. I had one saved for the baja, but it went into the Pathfinder...the stock radio was thrashed. I have 2 small amps, one of which will go in the baja. Need a couple small tweeters and 3 or 4" speakers for the front.
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
User avatar
Getrdone
Posts: 2978
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:38 pm

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by Getrdone »

My CD player worked before its first desert run, never since. The aux. jack for sat. or Mp3 was the ticket. The laser got knocked out of alignment I think.
User avatar
ntsqd
Posts: 2291
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:58 am

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by ntsqd »

radios built to go in tractors:
http://www.heavydutyradios.com/all_products.html
no experience, yet. Bought one, but the vehicle isn't yet drivable.
Cross-threaded is tighter than Lock-tite
User avatar
CopperBaja
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by CopperBaja »

Getrdone wrote:My CD player worked before its first desert run, never since. The aux. jack for sat. or Mp3 was the ticket. The laser got knocked out of alignment I think.
That was quite a shock that you sent to the cd player. ;)
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
User avatar
CopperBaja
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by CopperBaja »

Planning on something simple...cheap.
$65 for this one...I have it in my F350.
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
User avatar
Lotrat
Posts: 4975
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by Lotrat »

I just put that one in my Baja. Pepboys had them on sale a few weeks ago. I still don't know what to do with the remote that came with it.
Ol'fogasaurus
Posts: 17881
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:17 pm

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

The remote is for the people in the back seat or the car next to you.

Lee
User avatar
CopperBaja
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by CopperBaja »

How much was the Pepboys deal?
Mine will be mounted in the glovebox, so the remote might come in handy. Be cool to open it up and extend the IR sensor to a spot on the dash-sill. 8)
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
User avatar
CopperBaja
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by CopperBaja »

I don't have much to report, so I thought I'd finally post pics of my neighbors baja.
DSCN5375 (Small).JPG
1500SP
DSCN5377 (Small).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
User avatar
CopperBaja
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Post by CopperBaja »

Here are the seats I put in.
DSCN5376 (Small).JPG
DSCN5378 (Small).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
Locked