Body rot (pic heavy)
-
mac2881994
- Posts: 146
- Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 pm
Re: Body rot (pic heavy)
The body is halfway back on the pan. I have to shave some off of the inside of the heater channels to clear the seat tracks.
I still need to finish the rear D/S of the sheetmetal, including the rear body mount, which is why I am putting the body back on for the time being.
I did notice that the upper mounts for the springplate retaining straps will contact the body so i am going to cut them off for now then after the body is on try to find a different place to mount them.
More to come as I get to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
-
BAJA-IT
- Posts: 2046
- Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:02 pm
Re: Body rot (pic heavy)
Looks like you are doing a good job, keep it up.
BRAT Motorsports #936
Bolt Center: Salt Lake City, Ut
ACE: Air Cooled Engineering, now Black Line Racing
Bolt Center: Salt Lake City, Ut
ACE: Air Cooled Engineering, now Black Line Racing
-
mac2881994
- Posts: 146
- Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 pm
Re: Body rot (pic heavy)
I just got a new belt for the compressor so i can get back to it.
For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
-
crankwalk
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:18 pm
Re: Body rot (pic heavy)
Any updates? This is really a labor of love and you are doing a great job with it.
'12 VW Jetta TDI sedan- MPG queen
'76 Ferrari Dino 308 GT4- Garage Queen (turbo boxer swap)
'73 Datsun 240Z- Autox'er
-Jay Gilling
'76 Ferrari Dino 308 GT4- Garage Queen (turbo boxer swap)
'73 Datsun 240Z- Autox'er
-Jay Gilling
-
mac2881994
- Posts: 146
- Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 pm
Re: Body rot (pic heavy)
No major updates as of late. The summer got too hot for my lazy backside so I have taken some time off from the bug. I did manage to sit the body back on the pan, somewhat that is. The inside lip on the heater channels need to be trimmed so they will clear the seat tracks.
For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
- perrib
- Posts: 1891
- Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:00 pm
Re: Body rot (pic heavy)
I thought your summer ended a couple months ago. Ours just ended last week. 
-
mac2881994
- Posts: 146
- Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 pm
Re: Body rot (pic heavy)
It did I got a bit of burn out after doing the pan and the rest of the body plus i need a new compressor.
For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.