Hello All, this is my first post, I have been reading for months now, this is the first question I have come up with that hasn't already been answered. Well that I can find.
I am working on converting my 1965 Bug into a bugaru. I have a 1991 legacy for the donor with 104K on it!!!
I think all my questions are answered except how is everybody venting the back of the radiator?
All the pics I have seen remove everything behind the spare tire including the ID badge.
I would really like to keep the ID badge, PIC's would be great.
Thanks All
Subaru conversion Radiator air flow
-
wslm.boarder
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:53 am
Subaru conversion Radiator air flow
1965 Bug with 1993 legacy ej22, stock ecu, radiator up front, crx half size radiator, subaruvanagon.com thermostat housing and cooling system design, aluminum coolant pipes half way rubber over the axles.
- panel
- Posts: 4253
- Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 12:01 am
Re: Subaru conversion Radiator air flow
Some info here..... viewtopic.php?f=19&t=147462 and here might help...http://vwkd.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=19 .
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
-
wslm.boarder
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:53 am
Re: Subaru conversion Radiator air flow
Thanks for those posts. Everyone in all those posts removes their ID badge without even blinking.
Has anybody found a way to leave it intact? If not are they being relocated? Or just trashed with the rest of the metal removed.
I was thinking riveting it to the radiator shroud would at least preserve the info.
Has anybody found a way to leave it intact? If not are they being relocated? Or just trashed with the rest of the metal removed.
I was thinking riveting it to the radiator shroud would at least preserve the info.
1965 Bug with 1993 legacy ej22, stock ecu, radiator up front, crx half size radiator, subaruvanagon.com thermostat housing and cooling system design, aluminum coolant pipes half way rubber over the axles.
-
wslm.boarder
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:53 am
Re: Subaru conversion Radiator air flow
I am going to cut nothing behind the radiator and leave all 3 access panels off. if the fans run too much or runs hot i will cut then.
1965 Bug with 1993 legacy ej22, stock ecu, radiator up front, crx half size radiator, subaruvanagon.com thermostat housing and cooling system design, aluminum coolant pipes half way rubber over the axles.