I have 95% of my fuel system - EFI, 2 filters, pump, supply and return lines - plumbed with AN6 Aeroquip, a combination of AQP stainless and socket-less hoses and fittings. A lot of 90, 45 and a couple of other odd-ball angle fittings in the mix. This system has yet to be operational, all in mock-up stages so far as the rest of my Deserter GS buggy build progresses.
A while back I was looking for some fuel hose to use for my custom tank venting system, and ran across the whole "witches brew" alcohol/pump fuel debate and how it deteriorates older formulation fuel hoses. I ended up getting some Gates Barricade hose for my vent system, and now I'm second-guessing my choice of main fuel delivery hoses. Current discussions on the 'net indicate using a teflon lined fuel hose to 100% eliminate hose degradation, and especially hose permeation and fuel smell as fuel seeps and evaporates directly through the hose. If I decide to replace - it'll be an expensive $$$ proposition.
Anyone running any of the teflon lined hose systems in your car? Issues? Likes/dislikes?
I did come across a new "less expensive" Earls Vapor Guard elastomer based hose, but this still seems like a hose that will need periodic replacement (OK, may every 5-10 years??) and has limited fittings available. Their Ultra-Pro hose/fittings is what I'm looking at for a permanent solution.
Comments?
Thanks,
Jeff

