LEDload equalizers

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.
Lanner
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:09 pm

Re: LEDload equalizers

Post by Lanner »

TZEepeSH

Use a powered tailight converter similar to this:
https://www.curtmfg.com/part/56187
TZepeSH
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:55 pm

Re: LEDload equalizers

Post by TZepeSH »

Thanks Lanner. I can make easily such an adapter box with a few transistors. But I would rather just replace the relay with an electronic one. I think I found the answer, it is the Hella 4DB 003 750-71, 10 bucks and less work.
User avatar
ps2375
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:04 am

Re: LEDload equalizers

Post by ps2375 »

Not to hijack the thread, but how do you connect the wires for the EP35 relay (3 terminal) in place of the stock relay (4 terminal)? I just took a quick look under bonnet and at the pic of the EP35 and noticed it was 1 short of the factory relay.
User avatar
Chip Birks
Posts: 4058
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Re: LEDload equalizers

Post by Chip Birks »

What are your 4 wires connected to? What year?
User avatar
Chip Birks
Posts: 4058
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Re: LEDload equalizers

Post by Chip Birks »

I'd bet that one goes to the fuse block, one to ground, and then the other goes to the dash light AND the turn switch.
That's how I wire early cars.
User avatar
ps2375
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:04 am

Re: LEDload equalizers

Post by ps2375 »

Chip Birks wrote: ↑Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:07 pm What are your 4 wires connected to? What year?
69 Type1, and mine dash has separate indicators for each direction. I wonder if that makes a difference.
Post Reply