Yet another question, I like to install the CSP Type 1 10mm chromoly head studs, but I can not find casesavers from M12x1.5 to M10.
Does somebody sell those?
I can find the casesavers to M8, but then the question is are those head studs strong enough for my set up?
I think the geometry of a M12x1.5 to M10 case saver will mean that it doesnt exist.
What I mean is that at its narrowest (thread root) the casesaver will be 10.5mm in diameter. Then you still want to tap in a 10mm thread under it. This will leave (at best) a wall thickness of 0.25mm (0.01")
You might be able to use a M10 helicoil if thats the direction you want to go.
AA is also selling head stud kits for T4 engines. They are not on their website and I dunno if they have stock length, but last week I installed my (stroker) head stud kit. Nice quality with ARP nuts.
Noticed something new the other day, the oil pick up tube from a 1700 and 1800 engine are longer
on pump side then the ones from a 2000 bus engine.
They are not interchangeable.
Can somebody tell the brand of these Nickies?
They are all aluminium. (no Biral)
These are the only markings I can find.
These are 100mm ones
Head size 114.75 mm
Case size 108.52 mm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Eddie010 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.