Wayne’s Build

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
jt1967

Re: Wayne’s Build

Post by jt1967 »

Crickets!!!!!!
MonyPwrRes

Post by MonyPwrRes »

Hello to all. To think that I thought that everyone had forgot about my project. Let me tell you it’s been a longggggggg process but its rapidly coming together now. Last year once space was available I took the car to Rick Crumco’s shop as we planned out what was going going to occur. Then came the parts list $$$$$$, then more parts, and more, more more. As we gathered things, Rick was finishing up a few cars that were ahead of me and he had a sudden close loss of his wife. A life altering event that was devastating to watch and I totally understood the timeline would be pushed back quite a bit as it should be. I was in no rush, plus I was selling my old car and licking my wounds from the cost of parts. There were a few other things that we learned along the way about the car. When the roller was originally done by Crumco and given to the old owner to finish. The Previous owner hacked it up a bit. Therefore, many things had to be replaced. If you don’t know Crumco he’s a bit of a perfectionist which I’m grateful for. With that being said, he hacked this car into a pancake lol. I’m not kidding, to the point where we ordered all new Tubing/steel, tires, rims, displays, winch, gas tank, custom PRP seats, power steering etc....Dave Bonner at Kartec knows me by name lol....and the entire car is basically being built from the ground up with all new components. Tomorrow I’m going in to get fitted for the seat and roofline height, pedal depth etc... The details I can give you is that it will be a fully custom work of art that is pleasing to the eyes and a trail blazing, street legal, Beast! Timeline wise I figure 1 month for finalizing the custom frame and components, then off to get custom, carbon fiber work, engine wiring plus adding all the light bars, final powder coating & engine reconditioning. Bummed that I won’t have it this time around on the Mojave Road trip. Which was my goal but, the juice will be worth the squeeze once it’s all said and done. I’ll get some pics and post them here soon.

-Wayne
jt1967

Post by jt1967 »

ALRIGHT THE MONEY PIT LIVES!!!!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB! HAHAHA
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Outstanding news for sure. How about some pics next time? What are you doing about the dash?
MonyPwrRes

Post by MonyPwrRes »

UPDATES
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Pretty impressive!

Lee
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

The "Crickets" have been busy....
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Tell more on that cluster, by cluster I mean your dash piece.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

The greens are driving, the yellows are driving very fast, and the blues are climb out and tip it back over! Stay out of the blues...
"Your car sounds angry, and it wants to go fast all the time..."
(quote from my daughter, after driving my car)

It's not complicated, it's just expensive...
jt1967

Post by jt1967 »

Skidmark wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:03 pm The greens are driving, the yellows are driving very fast, and the blues are climb out and tip it back over! Stay out of the blues...
Yeah stay out of the Blues WAYNE!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
MonyPwrRes

Post by MonyPwrRes »

So the dash piece is made by a company AEM it’s a single plug into your ECU that in return gives you all your vital date, RPM, Coolant Temp, Battery charging level, Oil pressure, check eng light, oil press etc... Basically an all in one customizable dash display with 22 sensors that you can program for anything from TPMS sensors to compression. The cool part is that you set limits on the sensors and it those thresholds are crossed when driving it takes over the entire screen and lets you know something is up. I’ve been driving my old Baja for over 9 years with an idiot light and no gages, this one will be a Cadillac in the dirt in comparison. Picking up more goodies since I’m locked in the house with the internet at my fingertips. Dangerous 😂

Dash link to see all it has to offer: https://www.aemelectronics.com/products ... h-displays
Last edited by MonyPwrRes on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MonyPwrRes

Post by MonyPwrRes »

On board air compressor ARB dual. Will have a remote connection somewhere hidden. Air ups and down a breeze, plus it will fuel the stealthy lightweight jack....maybe a small air horn, besides no more blowers to get the dust out the cockpit!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MonyPwrRes

Post by MonyPwrRes »

New jack, cause the hijack is too heavy and cumbersome, besides that there’s always 4-6 in every group ride. Time to do something different , small footprint and lightweight, can lift 6600lbs 16 inches with ease.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Have a link on that dash unit. Sounds pretty cool. I’m upgrading to the Honda and I need more then the basics now too. That jack looks like the BOMB!!! This is going to be Uber cool to see when your done.
chuckput

Post by chuckput »

MonyPwrRes wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:42 am So the dash piece is made by a company AEM it’s a single plug into your ECU that in return gives you all your vital date, RPM, Coolant Temp, Battery charging level, Oil pressure, check eng light, oil press etc... Basically an all in one customizable dash display with 22 sensors that you can program for anything from TPMS sensors to compression. The cool part is that you set limits on the sensors and it those thresholds are crossed when driving it takes over the entire screen and lets you know something is up. I’ve been driving my old Baja for over 9 years with an idiot light and no gages, this one will be a Cadillac in the dirt in comparison. Picking up more goodies since I’m locked in the house with the internet at my fingertips. Dangerous 😂

Dash link to see all it has to offer: https://www.aemelectronics.com/products ... h-displays
Put your glasses on David! :lol: :lol: :lol: