Cold weather = Less intake cooling needed?

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
buguy

Re: Cold weather = Less intake cooling needed?

Post by buguy »

I was thinking something like dial-a-boost.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/avm- ... dcQAvD_BwE
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Schweg wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:29 pm
buguy wrote:Agreed. I do hope to do something like you for running regular fuel. There is only one place with it here and its kind of out of the way. It's not ideal to run E85 all the time. Last time i just used the laptop to turn the boost controller off but it would be nice to have a way to do it without having to drag the computer out to it.
Mine is definitely more of a toy than yours. I would never even consider driving mine the way you do. No a/c...heat....cruise... Actual working wipers... Etc.... Nope!
Funny that when i first came on here i thought you guys were nuts for spending that money on FI.
An electric boost controller wired to water meth system makes for a very simple low/high boost switching. Or just a switch for an electric boost controller gives you a two boost set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's basically what I have.
One switch turns on and off the boost controller for either max boost or wastegate boost at 6.0 lbs. max.....the other switch turns on the water injection.
They both just interrupt the ground supply to cut them off.
I can run 6.0 lbs. boost without water injection or with since my Hobbes is set at 4 lbs. Sometimes I need cooling even at low boost...especially when it is really hot like in California....it's really a whole new tune......if I lived there.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Schweg

Post by Schweg »

I have an AEM progressive controller so mine is off and 6lbs of waste gate or on and progressive water meth and 20lbs of boost, with water starting at 6lbs.

As for dial a boost it seems fun but I feel like your burning inputs to make it happen. Maybe just run boost by gear once you get a sensor in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buguy

Post by buguy »

I'm not 100% sure but i think the dial-a-boost would just go in line with the electronic controller. What i would be looking for is to control the amount of boost i get depending on my fuel. Although i may be able to control that by the ethanol %....i really don't know yet. Probably should add this topic to my thread so we don't muddy up the OP's original topic.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

buguy wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:42 am Interesting. I hadn't thought of what happens when ambient temp changes with W/I.
Thanks for rubbing in the fact that you don't have seasons in Floriduh. I've got 6 inches of snow in my yard right now 🤮
buguy

Post by buguy »

Well it is going to dip down into the 60's here tonight! That's almost a season!