What oil pump for a 2.5l

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
pnikas
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:42 pm

What oil pump for a 2.5l

Post by pnikas »

Hello everybody ,
I will be running a 2.5l engine with a front mounted oil cooler, and a deep sump, what oil pump should I use and what modifications should I do?
Thanks in advance
User avatar
dstar5000
Posts: 4555
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:01 am

Re: What oil pump for a 2.5l

Post by dstar5000 »

FULL FLOW AND A 30MM PUMP.

DON
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
pnikas
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:42 pm

Re: What oil pump for a 2.5l

Post by pnikas »

dstar5000 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:32 pm FULL FLOW AND A 30MM PUMP.

DON

Thanks it will be a type 4 so it’s ready for that , I was just concerned about the type 1 pump being loose in the type 4
wreck
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:07 am

Re: What oil pump for a 2.5l

Post by wreck »

apparently EMW now offer a sleeved type 1 pump to suit type 4 cases . It might be worth contacting Jorge at EMW
No matter where you go , there you are !
cal 67
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: What oil pump for a 2.5l

Post by cal 67 »

What your operating range will be and the type of driving you'll do should determine oil pump choice. If I was building even a 3.0 liter with a stock operating range and normal driving, I'd still use the stock pump. The size of the oil passages do not increase.
User avatar
dstar5000
Posts: 4555
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:01 am

Re: What oil pump for a 2.5l

Post by dstar5000 »

HE WILL BE RUNNING 20 FT OF 1/2 INCH OIL LINE.... I STAND BY MY ORIGINAL STATEMENT....

DON
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
Post Reply