The Aufgeladen Ghia

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Clonebug

Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia

Post by Clonebug »

Me Likey!!!!!!
I loved my Ghia.....
I had a 69 Ghia way back in 1984-85 maybe. It was green and back then it was cheap transportation.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
xzener

Post by xzener »

Thanks Chip Burks! Not sure how long your Ghia has been around... But it's Ghias like yours that gave me the inspiration to build mine the way I did. You have a beautiful Ghia right there. Well done.
Boost is contagious.
madmike

Post by madmike »

my Ghia, well it had a ghia Pan,lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

xzener wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:44 pm Thanks Chip Burks! Not sure how long your Ghia has been around... But it's Ghias like yours that gave me the inspiration to build mine the way I did. You have a beautiful Ghia right there. Well done.
I won't take much credit for mine. All I did was pull the chromies off and make the 17s fit. Sold the car in Aug 2020. I've never driven a vw that got so much attention. That car definitely grabbed the eyes.
Sorry for derailing your topic. I'm glad to see more and more folks going the intank fuel pump route. That was one of the best changes to my fuel system I ever did. Saved space, made things quieter, easier to repair if needed. All wins in my book.
xzener

Post by xzener »

Easier to repair? Mine will be buried by my air ride setup... A pita for me. Although, I plan on removing the air ride and going back to static for the new motor. Maybe now is the time?
IMG_20200629_174342.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boost is contagious.
xzener

Post by xzener »

Crap... Just got an email from Roy Henning at Mofoco... The engine is almost done! Might beat me to completing the EFI conversion. Im soooo close.
Capture.JPG
Boost is contagious.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Nice!
xzener

Post by xzener »

Ok. Here it is... The location made it VERY hard to get the intake sock near the bottom. I recommend cutting the hole behind the sending unit, and simply pointing the pump directly down. Oh well... next time. Almost ready for installation. Just need to seal everything up.
PXL_20210109_035634478.jpg
Boost is contagious.
xzener

Post by xzener »

Mofoco keeps teasing me with updates... Here are the 1.25:1 rockers on the Rasser head.
engine2.jpg
engine.jpg
Boost is contagious.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Sweet'!!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A515F met Tapatalk

Better to be blown than to suck!
madmike

Post by madmike »

awesome, I like Roys 'crank handle' sure beats grabbin the pulley :lol:
xzener

Post by xzener »

madmike wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:08 am awesome, I like Roys 'crank handle' sure beats grabbin the pulley :lol:
He's been doing it long enough... I'm sure he has all the tricks of the trade. :wink:
Boost is contagious.
madmike

Post by madmike »

I met Roy a few years ago at our Lansing Swap meet, had a nice chat,, we both inherited a few tools from our 'Old man's' stash, only mine are for Transmissions :lol:
xzener

Post by xzener »

I have a feeling my transmission is going to be my next hurdle... Still paying on this engine, so that will have to wait. What do you guys recommend (trans wise) for these boosted engines?
Boost is contagious.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

I had the same problem. 200hp and 260tq lasted a small year.

I have super beetle 1st and 2nd and weddle 3rd and 4th. Super diff and everything else new. And reinforced side cover on the right.
Cost me 1800€.

Finish your engine, be soft on your trans while you save some $$$.

Greetz!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A515F met Tapatalk

Better to be blown than to suck!