MS 2 Launch Control settings help...

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
nbuscemi

MS 2 Launch Control settings help...

Post by nbuscemi »

I am trying to get the Launch / No Lift Shift function dialed in on my Megasquirt 2. I'm not really sure what I am doing, as the "hints" are a little confusing.

Here are the current settings with me "just playing around".

What I am looking for is a launch RPM around 3000-3500 RPM. With Flat-shift, I have no idea how that needs to be setup to make work correctly. The idea is to keep the turbo wound up between gears.

Any / all help would be appreciated!

-Nick-
ps2375

Re: MS 2 Launch Control settings help...

Post by ps2375 »

I'd have to read up on MS2, but do you have a switch on the clutch pedal? Basically you are telling it what you want the launch RPM to be and then what to limit it to at launch. For the Flat Shift, "Arming RPM" will be near redline. I've contemplated using the Launch function with a Thumb Switch to activate launch control, and when launched, just release it to revert back to normal redline. For flat shift, you need a clutch actuated switch for the limiter during shifting, not too sure how well it works for Launch.
nbuscemi

Post by nbuscemi »

I have a switch mounted to the clutch pedal. The switch closes within the first few inches of pedal travel towards the front of the car. The system works. If i depress the clutch and move the accelerator past the set point the 2-step activates, as well as the flat shift function. What I'm looking for is help with specific settings. I was hoping someone here had experience with this on an ACVW.

-Nick-
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

I think it's going to take some playing around to see what you and the motor are comfortable with. Your turbo/header combo are going to be a big influence on how it reacts to this, more than on an NA motor. And your tune settings will be a big factor too.
panel

Post by panel »

I'll be adding in my JB Perf board in a bit for the 'Launch Control' feature. Thanks for starting this thread.
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
panel

Post by panel »

Mario might be able to help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqUNPjA3zAA
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians