Nice machining on the Schadeck pump!
I ran one of those for many miles in a 2.0 block in a 412 and it worked very well too.
Budget 100x71 Build
-
twodollardoug
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:38 pm
Re: Budget 100x71 Build
I'm using the same pump also for my dry sump 914.
-
cal 67
- Posts: 298
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:03 pm
Re: Budget 100x71 Build
Alright. The cam arrived from Jurgen. Big 31,5mm base circle. I now need to use my Thorsten lifters, as CBs may not be compatible.






-
cal 67
- Posts: 298
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:03 pm
Re: Budget 100x71 Build
The base circle is closer to 32mm, which works better for me. I have about .060" lobe to crown clearance at full lift. This is the best-case scenario. .417" cam lift with 1.45 ratio rockers will net me a little over .600" lift. After I degree the cam, I'll likely end up around 11,5:1 for 91 octane.
I started on pulling the plugs to thread them all, but didn't finish. I rarely see this plug pulled and tapped. Mine needs to get pulled because the suction side needs porting to match my pump.
The tubes were 3D printed for me for mocking purposes only--not running. I need to Correct some dimensions before having them CNC'd from aluminum. Why? I'm using thick aluminum pushrods, the engine is narrower in width, and b/c I have a really narrow engine coming up that'll absolutely need proven tubes. These can't leak, if my o-ring fit is right. The oil can't hang out on top of the seals. The small tube flows into the big tube. The oil would need to flow upstream to escape. I have double seals at the head, an exhaust pipe relief area, and very light spring pressure holding the o-rings in the head.
I mocked the Weiss rockers earlier this year. All looks fine. My pushrod length will be about 10" even.







I started on pulling the plugs to thread them all, but didn't finish. I rarely see this plug pulled and tapped. Mine needs to get pulled because the suction side needs porting to match my pump.
The tubes were 3D printed for me for mocking purposes only--not running. I need to Correct some dimensions before having them CNC'd from aluminum. Why? I'm using thick aluminum pushrods, the engine is narrower in width, and b/c I have a really narrow engine coming up that'll absolutely need proven tubes. These can't leak, if my o-ring fit is right. The oil can't hang out on top of the seals. The small tube flows into the big tube. The oil would need to flow upstream to escape. I have double seals at the head, an exhaust pipe relief area, and very light spring pressure holding the o-rings in the head.
I mocked the Weiss rockers earlier this year. All looks fine. My pushrod length will be about 10" even.







- Ephry73
- Posts: 3369
- Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 12:01 am
Re: Budget 100x71 Build
cal 67 wrote:The base circle is closer to 32mm, which works better for me. I have about .060" lobe to crown clearance at full lift. This is the best-case scenario. .417" cam lift with 1.45 ratio rockers will net me a little over .600" lift. After I degree the cam, I'll likely end up around 11,5:1 for 91 octane.
I started on pulling the plugs to thread them all, but didn't finish. I rarely see this plug pulled and tapped. Mine needs to get pulled because the suction side needs porting to match my pump.
The tubes were 3D printed for me for mocking purposes only--not running. I need to Correct some dimensions before having them CNC'd from aluminum. Why? I'm using thick aluminum pushrods, the engine is narrower in width, and b/c I have a really narrow engine coming up that'll absolutely need proven tubes. These can't leak, if my o-ring fit is right. The oil can't hang out on top of the seals. The small tube flows into the big tube. The oil would need to flow upstream to escape. I have double seals at the head, an exhaust pipe relief area, and very light spring pressure holding the o-rings in the head.
I mocked the Weiss rockers earlier this year. All looks fine. My pushrod length will be about 10" even.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Ephry73
- Posts: 3369
- Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 12:01 am
Re: Budget 100x71 Build
So much want
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk