Kadrons

H2OSB

Kadrons

Post by H2OSB »

Without innumerating the reasons not to, has anyone even run or tried to run Kadrons on an upright converted T4?

I have 44 IDFs for my upcoming 2056, but I'm no tuning expert and am thinking I'll need something simpler and might want to try Kads. I'm thinking some kind of spacers would be required betwixt the bottom of the carbs and the T2 manifolds. Also, either a cable linkage or some kind of hybrid of the T2 and T1 Kadron linkage would be needed.

Opinions?
H20SB
H2OSB

Re: Kadrons

Post by H2OSB »

Well, perhaps I should have done a search first. A nearly identical thread thread was started on this topic some time back, although not much was learned. Joe Cali responded saying it might not be the best idea, however, my concerns are identical to the OP of that thread in that I fear the IDFs will be too finicky. Perhaps I should seriously consider some kind of efi?

H20SB
UFO pilot

Post by UFO pilot »

Hey H2OSB long time no talk! A little history for those that find this thread, a long time ago this idea came up back when Jake was active here, and he kinda crushed the idea by stating he did not get "good results" from putting Kads on a T4. Now, the problem is, what is "acceptable" to Jake may not be acceptable to us mere mortals and vice versa, he really chased horsepower back then and what that cost was just baked in. I think those carbs work fine, I ran a pair for several years on a sweep-the-floor 1641 back in the day.
Also I agree on the spacers idea, the T2 intakes are short because of how tall Kads are for engine bay clearance. In a T1 or buggy setup a taller intake would be much nicer, like a pair of Scat sized T1 intakes. Hopefully you give this a shot and let us know how it works out.
Biting off more than I can chew as a way of life.
twodollardoug

Post by twodollardoug »

If you take the time to learn weber carbs, they will definitely work better and you will have the knowledge for ever. It just takes time and research. There is a reason they are one of the carbs of choice.
AdminSteve
Site Admin

Post by AdminSteve »

Moved this thread to the Carbs Forum to help the coverage a little and left a shadow thread in the Type 4 forum to direct it here.

AdminSteve 8)
S&S Aircooled Parts and Accessories
645 S State College Blvd, Unit E
Fullerton, CA 92831
www.ssaircooled.com
(714)886-7636 Phone
Clatter

Post by Clatter »

While Kadrons are simpler they have their own set of problems.
You'll spend just as much, if not more time getting them right.
And, in the end, you'll still have that puckety stumbling along...

Now that the costs of both setups are similar,
A set of Webers are a far better use of a man's time.
Speedier than a Fasting Bullet!

Beginners' how-to Type 4 build thread ---> http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=145853