Tap Tap Tap........this thing on?

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Turbo_Manx_Maniac

Tap Tap Tap........this thing on?

Post by Turbo_Manx_Maniac »

Sup folks!

Hope everyone is still doing good, kinda forgot about this forum. Seems like it's pretty dead?

Would be fun to do a meetup in the SoCal desert!
I accidentally Googled my Twitter. (And I liked it)
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Tap Tap Tap........this thing on?

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Slow at times but still active.

Lee
fordfreak

Post by fordfreak »

I think the generation of those who wrench their own projects and are good with their hands are just getting older and projects slow down. Then theres not many newer folks getting into the hobby. Forums are the best thing since on the Internet! The amount of information is amazing.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

The stock to get into buggies and bugs is getting pretty thin and us old farts are not getting thin either!

Also, the commercial toys, while expensive, are the most common things out there. I haven't been on the dunes for a while due to a problem I had with my rear brakes a couple of years back (I don't have front brakes on either buggy), that and a couple of other things but when out there I get a thumbs up from the newbies when the see the buggy.

The brake thing ended up getting solved the last time I bled the brakes: I had someone on the ground, while I was inside working the foot brakes and turning brake handles this time. I have double slave cylinder reservoir rear brakes and the one helping me bleed them didn't notice it and I didn't tell him about them so only the bottom bleed was done.

It ended up being no brakes and I couldn't figure out why. This time I was the "snook" laying on the ground and he was doing the tec stuff inside the buggy. As usually you go for the brakes farthest from the MC, which I did, and it turned out that the upper cylinder that had been emptied when only the bottom cylinder had been blead.

Sometimes you have to do your own work and let the help sit in the buggy and do the hard stuff? :roll: :lol:

Lee