Nice looking machineing on the sidedraft and addition of the sealed bearings!
May I ask what is the function of the vacuum diaphram in your turbo application? Will boost slam it open?
Ken
Turbo E-tubes for Weber DCOE?
-
Joe vw
- Posts: 770
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2001 12:01 am
It is a vacuum secondary diaphram for a Holley 4bbl. If you notice, it is plumbed to the primary venturi, it will only open the secondary when the vacuum is high (ie. full throttle and making boost).
The goal is good drivability (off boost) with good fuel economy along with performance under a stock deck lid.
The goal is good drivability (off boost) with good fuel economy along with performance under a stock deck lid.
-
shag55
- Posts: 1245
- Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:04 am
I have had plans to make one of these but I will have to incorperate the diaphram to sit on the side of the carb because the carb sits right on top of the alternator on my header. I also want to use a 45 and open up the secondary to a 48-50. I think that a single 40 for the primary may be a little small and choke off the intake makeing it hard to spool the turbo.
------------------------------------
Shag Leone, SL-1 Racing
325WHP and 290TQ @17# on 91oct
383WHP and 324TQ @23psi on 50/50 mix
What's next?
Need a turbo or parts!
[email protected]
Facebook at SL 1 racing
Shag Leone, SL-1 Racing
325WHP and 290TQ @17# on 91oct
383WHP and 324TQ @23psi on 50/50 mix
What's next?
Need a turbo or parts!
[email protected]
Facebook at SL 1 racing
- risk
- Posts: 336
- Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:43 pm
Re: Turbo E-tubes for Weber DCOE?
Reviving this 18 year old thread. I figure everyone is using EFI nowdays.. Did either of you guys get the vacuum secondary going ? Seems like a pretty cool idea. I picked up a new chinese 55mm DCOE clone that would be a good candidate for this. Like half a quadrajet basically.
-
BFB
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:24 pm
Re: Turbo E-tubes for Weber DCOE?
Ive been running a split shaft modified 45 DCOE for 8 maybe 10 years now… i lose track of time.