Does a rear mounted radiator for EJ22 on VW type 3 really work ??

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
bginvestor
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Does a rear mounted radiator for EJ22 on VW type 3 really work ??

Post by bginvestor »

Hi Guys,

I need some advice on radiator location on 69 VW type 3. I prefer to use a rear mounted radiator (aft of engine) and not run lines to front of car.

I've seen this done a few times, but does not seem to be a popular method. I see a lot of advantages for install, but does it really work ? I have a 135 hp EJ22 , so it should run cooler than EJ25 or turbo.

Does anyone have alink that shows a successful install ?

Thank you!
User avatar
panel
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 12:01 am

Re: Does a rear mounted radiator for EJ22 on VW type 3 really work ??

Post by panel »

bginvestor wrote: ↑Fri May 30, 2025 9:44 amI've seen this done a few times,
Just wondering where and if you have any pics ?
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
bginvestor
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Re: Does a rear mounted radiator for EJ22 on VW type 3 really work ??

Post by bginvestor »

Here's an example of radiator in the back..
pic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post Reply