For those who have asked, here are some pictures of a local car powered by a Subaru 2 Litre (EJ20T), it has a Porsche 5 speed, 4 wheel disk brakes (from a Ford XR8) and a walk off front, rear & roof chop. When I last saw the car run it pulled a 12.7 however it was not producing boost past 3000rpm due to some exhaust/wastegate problems. I have heard since then that Laurie has run a high 11, still farting, spluttering and backfiring. The car should be very quick once sorted as he will be able to run upto 18psi(currently 10~11psi)about the limit for a stock EJ20T.
[This message has been edited by Stephen (edited 06-24-2001).]
WRX bug
- Richard Olafsson
- Posts: 350
- Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2001 12:01 am
WRX bug
Nice bug, but where did he put the cooling? I see the intercooler on the rear wing but no obvious place for the radiator.
Do you know which gearbox he used and how it's holding up?
Due to the depth of the sump on the engine, I am planning to use a Porsche 'box and raise the whole lot up in the car to get more ground clearance and drop the body some more.
Rich http://www.ricola.co.uk
Do you know which gearbox he used and how it's holding up?
Due to the depth of the sump on the engine, I am planning to use a Porsche 'box and raise the whole lot up in the car to get more ground clearance and drop the body some more.
Rich http://www.ricola.co.uk
- Stephen
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2000 12:01 am
WRX bug
Richard,
The bug runs a single radiator off a local Holden commodore (V6 4liter ~200hp), there is a small air duct under the front valance. I believe that coolent passes through 4cm copper hose inside the cabin, at either side of the tunnel, necessetating a custome pedal box (firewall mounted from a hyundai excel!!!!).
cheers Stephen
ps. love your car..keep the info and pics comming
The bug runs a single radiator off a local Holden commodore (V6 4liter ~200hp), there is a small air duct under the front valance. I believe that coolent passes through 4cm copper hose inside the cabin, at either side of the tunnel, necessetating a custome pedal box (firewall mounted from a hyundai excel!!!!).
cheers Stephen
ps. love your car..keep the info and pics comming
-
Steve Arndt
- Posts: 7420
- Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 12:01 am
WRX bug
That is just killer! If I ever finish my batch of projects I'm working on now I surely want to do a killer high boost street killer like that!
Steve
Steve
-
Monster
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 12:01 am
WRX bug
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stephen:
<B>Steve,
I think that the bug is destined to be a trailer queen. A mate has told me however that Lawrie has bolted together a twin turbo V6 Kombie ute! sound like fun
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hope he brings this to Nambucca in August, the Bug was awesome to see but what a cool setup, bus towing bug
Cheers
Steve
<B>Steve,
I think that the bug is destined to be a trailer queen. A mate has told me however that Lawrie has bolted together a twin turbo V6 Kombie ute! sound like fun
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I hope he brings this to Nambucca in August, the Bug was awesome to see but what a cool setup, bus towing bug

Cheers
Steve