radiator info
-
talldude
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2001 12:01 am
radiator info
I'm putting a 1.8 liter fuel injected Subaru boxer four (Loyale) engine in my wife's '71 bug convertible. Has anyone out there done this? Is there an existing radiator that will fit in the spare tire well that will accomodate this engine (90hp), or should I have it custom made? Also, copper vs aluminum coolant lines to run to the engine--any thoughts? How much sheetmetal can be cut out of the front of the car (to improve airflow for the radiator) before it must be structurally reinforced? Any help would be appreciated.
- Steve C
- Posts: 1143
- Joined: Sun May 14, 2000 12:01 am
radiator info
Hi
Im using a 2.1 wasserboxer in bug see it here http://www.clubvw.org.au/steve.htm. Im using a cut down radaitor from a Ford Transit van (pommie truck) I was running a 5 series BMW unit and only replaced with larger one after I was worried that the BMW one was getting old.
Is the bug a Super? Because if it is just use the aircon front apron. Do a search on this forum and you will see some radiators fitted to beam frontend trype bugs.
Regards Steve C
Im using a 2.1 wasserboxer in bug see it here http://www.clubvw.org.au/steve.htm. Im using a cut down radaitor from a Ford Transit van (pommie truck) I was running a 5 series BMW unit and only replaced with larger one after I was worried that the BMW one was getting old.
Is the bug a Super? Because if it is just use the aircon front apron. Do a search on this forum and you will see some radiators fitted to beam frontend trype bugs.
Regards Steve C