WTB: 71 bus tranny in San Diego

User avatar
jhelgesen
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed May 30, 2001 12:01 am

WTB: 71 bus tranny in San Diego

Post by jhelgesen »

Wanted, friend of a friend in San Diego needs a tranny for his 71 bus. Anyone got one laying in their garage?

Thanks


------------------
John Helgesen
61 Bug
74 Std Bug
70 911t
67 Deluxe Bus (for sale)
73 Camper

"Short putts never go in"
http://members.rennlist.com/screamin_yellow/
User avatar
jhelgesen
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed May 30, 2001 12:01 am

WTB: 71 bus tranny in San Diego

Post by jhelgesen »

JC, he's really looking for someone in CA so he doesn't have to ship it. Trying to fix it as economically as possible.

Thanks
John
User avatar
JC-ATL
Posts: 1559
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:01 am

WTB: 71 bus tranny in San Diego

Post by JC-ATL »

Yeah, I have one, brand-new rebuild, hasn't been installed since it was rebuilt. $300 plus shipping, and it's his. E-mail me off list if you're interested.
User avatar
JC-ATL
Posts: 1559
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:01 am

WTB: 71 bus tranny in San Diego

Post by JC-ATL »

Well, if you don't have luck, mine's still there.
Tranny_needer_in_SD

WTB: 71 bus tranny in San Diego

Post by Tranny_needer_in_SD »

Thanks for the offer. I don't know what shipping would run. I also am not 100% that the tranny is all that is wrong with it. I'd say that the fact that there is fluid dripping from it is a good sign, but I think what probably happened is that the flywheel either broke or came loose or whatnot causing the transmission to get all jacked up too. I might be able to tear it apart this weekend, but I won't know for sure what happened to her until I do. Thanks for the offers!
User avatar
JC-ATL
Posts: 1559
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:01 am

WTB: 71 bus tranny in San Diego

Post by JC-ATL »

Good luck, man! As an FYI, shipping will run somewhere around $50. That's what it cost me last time I shipped a trans.
Tranny_needer_in_SD

WTB: 71 bus tranny in San Diego

Post by Tranny_needer_in_SD »

Cool. If I find out that's what I need, I'll give you a call. Anywhere on the web you know of that will document what I need to do to take out the engine and tranny so I can find out? I could probably figure it out myself, but it's usually easier with some literature.
User avatar
JC-ATL
Posts: 1559
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:01 am

WTB: 71 bus tranny in San Diego

Post by JC-ATL »

I'm sure there's engine removal tips on the archives here, possibly in the newbie forum. It's not difficult, however.
Post Reply