can someone please help me find where I can get a bently manual, or a VW shop manual for a 70 bug? I really need it to help me in the disasembling of my 70 bug, also to look up specific numbers and measurements etc.
thanx alot.
In need of shop manual, and or bently manual HELP!!!
-
VRSICK
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 12:01 am
- sparkmaster1
- Moderator
- Posts: 1978
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:01 am
In need of shop manual, and or bently manual HELP!!!
You can try your local library, parts store, or e-bay. You could also post on the parts wanted forum. Tim
-
Air-Cooled Head
- Posts: 1684
- Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2001 12:01 am
In need of shop manual, and or bently manual HELP!!!
Or go right to the source, www.rb.com. I got mine from J.C. Whitney, seen them for sale at shows.
And how can you be in so many places?
I lived in Hartford for a while and know that NB & Norwalk aren't exactly next door.
And how can you be in so many places?
I lived in Hartford for a while and know that NB & Norwalk aren't exactly next door.-
rich2481
- Posts: 1539
- Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2001 12:01 am
In need of shop manual, and or bently manual HELP!!!
let alone be in NY too,
I was from Hartford area too
I was from Hartford area too
-
VRSICK
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 12:01 am
In need of shop manual, and or bently manual HELP!!!
well, i called bently, and they dont have ANYTHING for my car, just a service manual(Not what I'm lookin for)
so its back to square one. I'm on hold right now with VWOA, but I dought(sp?) if they still sell the oem shop manual.......
is this thing that hard to find??
so its back to square one. I'm on hold right now with VWOA, but I dought(sp?) if they still sell the oem shop manual.......
is this thing that hard to find??
-
Air-Cooled Head
- Posts: 1684
- Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2001 12:01 am
In need of shop manual, and or bently manual HELP!!!
I just went to the Bentley site. The book you desire IS the "Official VW Service Manual", & can be ordered. But check w/ J.C. Whitney, it will be considerably cheaper from them. Also available from The Real Source, www.madirect.com. I've seen it in the RMMW catalog as well. I'd bet most parts suppliers have it or can get it for you.
However, it does NOT describe disassembly procedures. I don't know what book does. If you're interested in disassembly of engine, you need Tom Wilson's "How to Rebuild Your VW Engine" or Keith Shumes' "How to Hot Rod VW Engines". I may have the titles slightly wrong as I don't have them in front of me, but I'm close.
[This message has been edited by Air-Cooled Head (edited 06-13-2002).]
[This message has been edited by Air-Cooled Head (edited 06-13-2002).]
However, it does NOT describe disassembly procedures. I don't know what book does. If you're interested in disassembly of engine, you need Tom Wilson's "How to Rebuild Your VW Engine" or Keith Shumes' "How to Hot Rod VW Engines". I may have the titles slightly wrong as I don't have them in front of me, but I'm close.
[This message has been edited by Air-Cooled Head (edited 06-13-2002).]
[This message has been edited by Air-Cooled Head (edited 06-13-2002).]
- Bob Ingman
- Posts: 2869
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2001 12:01 am
In need of shop manual, and or bently manual HELP!!!
http://www.aircooled.net the sponsor of this site sells all popular VW books and manuals.I like Bentley, Haynes and Tom Wilson for engine rebuild.
Also very good is the http://www.bugmevideo.com series.
Good luck. Bob Ingman
[This message has been edited by Bob Ingman (edited 06-16-2002).]
Also very good is the http://www.bugmevideo.com series.
Good luck. Bob Ingman
[This message has been edited by Bob Ingman (edited 06-16-2002).]
- Crimson_Axe
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2001 12:01 am
In need of shop manual, and or bently manual HELP!!!
Depends on what you are trying to do but the bug me videos series may help.
http://www.bugmevideo.com
------------------
Ken McMillion
Shaka Intekanational
www.ShakaWorld.com
www.CreativelyDone.com
"There is no spoon..." & "The world was flat once..."
http://www.bugmevideo.com
------------------
Ken McMillion
Shaka Intekanational
www.ShakaWorld.com
www.CreativelyDone.com
"There is no spoon..." & "The world was flat once..."
- Crimson_Axe
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2001 12:01 am
In need of shop manual, and or bently manual HELP!!!
I see Bob mentioned the videos - great series
------------------
Ken McMillion
Shaka Intekanational
www.ShakaWorld.com
www.CreativelyDone.com
"There is no spoon..." & "The world was flat once..."
------------------
Ken McMillion
Shaka Intekanational
www.ShakaWorld.com
www.CreativelyDone.com
"There is no spoon..." & "The world was flat once..."