Carburater Sucking noise

Who is the best person to rebuild your engine? You...
User avatar
BluSpecs
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:01 am

Carburater Sucking noise

Post by BluSpecs »

I was cleaning out all the old oil and such from my engine compartment the other day and when i was finished I noticed something odd. When the car is running there is a very loud sucking sound coming from the carburater (newer 30 pict 3). It seems to be much louder than before.
The engine runs fine and has decent power. In my cleaning could I have uncovered some sort of leak in one of the carburater gaskets?
User avatar
BluSpecs
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:01 am

Carburater Sucking noise

Post by BluSpecs »

I forgot to add that I am running a 009 distributer and all of the inlets on the carb are plugged with rubber caps.

Thanks!
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Carburater Sucking noise

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

sounds like your idle screw adjusment (big std screw on th right side) is backed way too far out...this makes a really loud sucking sound...you may need to turn it in several turns and trim tghe adjustments with the mixture screw below it for correct idle.

------------------
Jake Raby
Raby's Aircooled Technology
www.aircooledtechnology.com
Post Reply