OK...so what now?

Need help straightening that dent? Or painting your car? This is the place to be!
73sleeper
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:01 am

OK...so what now?

Post by 73sleeper »

I'm getting ready to have one of my dad's friends spray "competition orange"(used on the ford trucks, like a"burnt orange") on my bug. I decided to do all of the prep work I could so all he had to do was spray it (he paints his own ova track cars).

I removed everything, like, the fender beading, all lights, all handles, running boards, and windows(except for the wind-up ones and they are masked).

My question is, now, what else should I do to prep my car? I talked to my neighbor and he was telling me I'll have to wet-sand the entire car and especially parts where the paint might be chipped. Thats sounds correct...but what else, if anything, should I do to the car to pretty much have it ready to tow down there and have him spray it?

Thanks a lot, anything helps...
Kyle
Air-Cooled Head
Posts: 1684
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Air-Cooled Head »

Go here: http://www.thebugshop.org and read the DIY painting article. It'll give you an idea, but you've got lots of research to do.
Good Luck!
Post Reply