CV boots
-
crvc
- Posts: 1564
- Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:37 pm
CV boots
Since I'm doing a body-off restoration, seems like a good time to replace cracked driveshaft CV boots. I ordered four from JCWhitney for the 1974 transaxle. Should have wondered why they were so cheap. I've used the type that have wrap around the shaft and are bolted together. But these are a solid tube, meaning I have to take the axles apart to fit the boots on the shafts. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do this?
-
chris logue
- Posts: 203
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 12:01 am
if your doing a frame off restoration, those boots would be incorrect anyway. remove torx? bolts that connect cv joints to trans and trailing arm, remove clip that holds cv joint onto axles,carefully remove cv joint from axle,remove old boot, reinstall new,reinstall cv joint, bolt axle assy back where it was,drive car to book store and BUY A BENTLEY MANUAL!!!!!!