Hello all,
Does anyone have any good resources on 915's and swaping them? I can find lots about the 901, but can't find a write up on the mounts and stuff I will need for the 915. I have an IRS pan with Alu trailing arms from a 944. Also, I went to a garage sale that a local Porsche Shop was having because they are moving to Denver, and picked up a large box of 915 guts for 10 dollars. It has several forks, gear sets, etc... I am at work now so I can't show pics or serial numbs, but if anyone can help me to identify what I've actually got it would be nice. I have a feeling that they are not all 915 parts because the shop went through it one last time and pulled a 996 gear set out before he sold the lot to me. TIA
915 swap
-
bugboy696
- Posts: 309
- Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:01 am
-
Guest
-
Guest
i sent him all the info for my flanged crank and tranny measurements and it took 10 weeks to get it.
but i think i still need a spacer between my tranny and engine because i had to grind abit of the tranny away for the engine to fit on.( clutch was hitting) so something isn't right.
I'm in school, about 450km away from home so I haven't got to look at it for a couple months. Going home for 2 weeks now so hopefully will get it figued out.
You must be going to be making some serious power if you're using the 930 tranny. Great tranny alot with limited slip diffs and super strong, to bad they are 4 speeds.
but i think i still need a spacer between my tranny and engine because i had to grind abit of the tranny away for the engine to fit on.( clutch was hitting) so something isn't right.
I'm in school, about 450km away from home so I haven't got to look at it for a couple months. Going home for 2 weeks now so hopefully will get it figued out.
You must be going to be making some serious power if you're using the 930 tranny. Great tranny alot with limited slip diffs and super strong, to bad they are 4 speeds.