POR 15 gas tank treatment

Need help straightening that dent? Or painting your car? This is the place to be!
User avatar
Hank Winning
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2001 12:01 am

POR 15 gas tank treatment

Post by Hank Winning »

Howdy,
I'm in the process of re doing our '57 gas tank and have used Marine Clean and chains and nuts and been sloshing the stuff around for the last few hours.
I have found a few new pin holes near the seams- maybe from all the sloshing around - better to find them now I figure.

My question after the Metal Ready when I put in the sealer will that seal the holes or should I solder the them?

One friend suggested using rosin core solder and a soldering gun--I was thinking on a propane torch and acid core solder and some flux.
The inside of the tank is pretty clean and no gas smell so I think it is safe enough to use the torch. (KaBoom was the last thing he heard)

what do you folks figure?
thanks again
hank
User avatar
JC-ATL
Posts: 1559
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:01 am

Post by JC-ATL »

I'd braze them closed, myself.
Post Reply