No hole in fender

Need help straightening that dent? Or painting your car? This is the place to be!
Gopher0
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:56 pm

No hole in fender

Post by Gopher0 »

I picked up a nice solid (more solid than the other 3 I have anyways) fender at BugBlast up in Birmingham awhile ago. Finally got aroudn to putting it on, got it on, and realized it had no hole for the bumper brackets. It's tempting not to bother and just fiberglass over the holes on other fenders, but I want to put T-bars on there so I need to cut a hole I guess. I can copy the placement and dimensions off the other fender, but what would bea good tool to use?
Seeing as I'm only a freshman in college and my parents were never really into this sorta thing, my shop is fairly limited. I've got a number of drill bits, 3 dremels (I dunno how we ended up with 3), and a small hacksaw available for use. Could it be done with these? What would you recommend?
Thanks
-Joe
Chris V
Posts: 3416
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Chris V »

Gopher0
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:56 pm

Post by Gopher0 »

Thanks everyone. I managed to dig out a drill bit of the right size, that my Dad claimed we didn't have. Gotta pick up some more discs for the dremel, probably work on it tomorrow morning.

Oh, and Chris, hello from Covington, if you're familiar with where that is.

-Joe
Post Reply