Need help. Building a Wheelchair accessible Trike.
-
Bastage
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:26 pm
Need help. Building a Wheelchair accessible Trike.
I am building a Trike that I can drive from my power wheelchair. I need an auto trans, so I am using a VW 010 from a 1971 bus. I have been told that a Porsche 914, 924 and 944 will all fit this tranny. Is this true? Anybody already succeed?
-
crack monkey
- Posts: 1358
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:01 am
what about using a typical bike motor to a jackshaft, then use 2 swingarms on the outside... that way you could have the rear as a ramp into the trike? i have a picture in my head if it doesnt sound right... i will try to draw it out.
just thinking that ir might be easier than vw parts.....
unless you ran it similar to a corbin motors merlin (front wheel drive, 2 in the front, gearbox is vw motor is harley)
i dont know much about the full autos but if you want rear wheel drive vw autostick is another option i suppose.
just thinking that ir might be easier than vw parts.....
unless you ran it similar to a corbin motors merlin (front wheel drive, 2 in the front, gearbox is vw motor is harley)
i dont know much about the full autos but if you want rear wheel drive vw autostick is another option i suppose.
-
seagull
trike
do you boys get the fully auto type three gear boxes over there these come out in what we call fast backs ,I think you call the varents or some thing like that .This is the auto you need ,dont wast you time with a porche motor you dont need it .These are over the top .
Bastage got a email adress I will send you some photos of what I build in Australia
There is Ding Bob trikes as well have a look at that site his email man John has no legs and Bob has built a bike for him ( auto ) there is lots to know about this so don t wast your time have look at bob site you will see some great trikes on that site .
I have built 11 trikes
mine 2 have subaru ej20 quad cam motors ,If I can find the wiring diagram for a 96 OBD n/a ecu I get it on the road .
Bastage got a email adress I will send you some photos of what I build in Australia
There is Ding Bob trikes as well have a look at that site his email man John has no legs and Bob has built a bike for him ( auto ) there is lots to know about this so don t wast your time have look at bob site you will see some great trikes on that site .
I have built 11 trikes
mine 2 have subaru ej20 quad cam motors ,If I can find the wiring diagram for a 96 OBD n/a ecu I get it on the road .