How Big should the Carbs be?

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
User avatar
Mikes72sb
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2001 12:01 am

How Big should the Carbs be?

Post by Mikes72sb »

Okay, I've pretty much decided on getting a 2270 T4 when I get the cash in a year or two. Now, here's the problem. Will dual Weber 40's (with bigger venturi's, etc.) be big enough to feed the engine? Will I have to go for the bigger 44's eventually? What power will I get from both combos? Mileage? It's more convenient with the 40's because, well, I have those already, with T4 manifolds. Any input?

------------------
\X/ Mike \X/
Brandon Sinclair

How Big should the Carbs be?

Post by Brandon Sinclair »

What about some 48DRLA's a a 2270 - those are the carbs I have so I was thinking about using them on this size type 4.
User avatar
Mikes72sb
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2001 12:01 am

How Big should the Carbs be?

Post by Mikes72sb »

Allright Jake, when I order my kit from you, I'll be saving for some 44's, unless I can find 45's for a good price. What econmoy will I get with a stock tranny and a Porsche 901 5 speed? That's the planned setup.

------------------
\X/ Mike \X/
Post Reply